Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Matilda Tyler

          I must've been out of my mind  when  we snuck out of lunch and  went to our room. No, we didn't really have to sneak out, but it gives us excellent practice. "Here, use this." Selena said tossing me something. It looked like a cell phone, but then again it didn't. It had wires sticking out of it everywhere and something that looked like a mini satellite dish.

         

          "What's this?" I sounded really stupid. "That is future technology. For spies at least. My latest invention." Jenn seemed quite proud of herself, but I still didn't understand. "So..."

"Ugh! Okay! You see the part that looks like a satellite dish. Well it works kinda different than a real one. Instead of sending out signals so it can be traced and tracked it doesn't send any out. So nobody can trace where the call came from."

         

           I will have to admit Jenn was probably the brightest demigod in our year. "Okay, but I'm not dialing the number." I said which triggered a chain of, "Not it!" Everyone, but Maddie looked up. She hadn't taken her eyes off her magazine since we got up to the room. "So I guess we have a volunteer." Selena said walking over to where Maddie was sitting on her bed. Selena had taken the 'phone' from me and given it to Maddie.

"What the heck am I supposed to do with this?"

"Dial Tyler's number." I said quickly before Jenn realized Maddie had missed her entire explanation. "Okay then. Come here." She said to me. "Why?"  I said as she stood from the bed a walked over. "Because, you have the number." She grabbed my wrist; holding my hand towards the light. "8-5-2..." Leave it to Maddie to read everything aloud. "3-6-7-6." She pushed the phone to my ear, and I listened to it ring for a moment.

         

          "What do I say?" I asked and blank expressions came across all of my friends faces. "Girls, this isn't good. What do I..." I started saying, but suddenly a male voice spoke. "Hello?" If I had any feeling of being scared before; it was gone now. I could practically feel panic running through my blood. So I did the only thing I thought I could do. "Bonsoir Monsieur. Comment puis-je diriger votre appel?" I was thankful for my four years of french class.

 

"Uhhh...Oui. En fait, oui vous pouvez. Vous voyez que je suis à la recherche d'une fille. Son nom est Andie Andersen. Elle britanniques, je pense. Je ne suis pas sûr que je viens d'avoir un rêve à son sujet et il semble si réel. Elle semble si réel Je souhaite juste que je pouvais la rencontrer...S'il vous plaît aidez-moi." Tyler replied back.

 

          I was shocked mainly by the fact that he could speak fluent french, but also because he mentioned my name. I couldn't hold back my smile.

"V"u exaucé. Au revoir." I said and started to hang up the phone, but added in english, "See you soon Tyler." Then I hung up as quickly as possible. After I did all eyes were on me.

"So..." Jenn started.

"What'd he say?" Maddie and Selena finished together.

"Overview or every detail?" I asked hoping it was just an overview.

"Details!" Jenn screamed getting a little too excited.

"Okay." I said taking a deep breath.

 

          "Well after I asked him how I could direct his call; he actually said yes. Then he mentioned me, and said how he had a dream about me and it seemed so real. That I seemed real, and he wished he could meet me."

"Oh! So that's why you said wish granted. That was actually kind of clever, but not as clever as me." Selena said being cocky as usual.(Hey, everyone needs one best friend to act cocky. Might as well be your cousin.)

"I don't call that details." Jenn seemed way too sad about this.

"No. That was the details. We didn't say much." I looked down at the ground, and I suddenly felt what Jenn felt. Sadness with a hint of disappointment.

"Well lunch is probably over by now. So I think we should head to class." Surprisingly it was Maddie who spoke, but Jenn was the first out the door.

"You coming?" Selena said when Maddie left.

"Yeah, but you can go on ahead. I think I'll stay here for a few minutes."  I turned around hoping Selena would leave, but she didn't.

"Are you sure? If you want I could tell Ms.Lorean that you're not feeling well."

"Selena." I said getting up off my bed. "You really are my best friend. I mean you'd risk getting in trouble with our ROCK teacher." I just had to hug her. Also ROCK stands for "Reverse Operation in Criminal Kidnapping". Basically we learn defensive moves and ways to use our powers to rescue people who have been kidnapped.



© 2011 Matilda Tyler


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
Added on April 21, 2011
Last Updated on August 22, 2011


Author

Matilda Tyler
Matilda Tyler

Eastern United States



About
ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD No New Announcements more..

Writing
Summary Summary

A Chapter by Matilda Tyler