King and queen

King and queen

A Chapter by once upon a time

     The guards held her there in front of the king and queen. She struggled to get away. "Only the innocent get to leave." Phoenix stopped struggling to look the queen right in the eyes.
     She looked so serious, but the only feeling phoenix was capable of expressing was confusion because it was  the only thing she could feel. She started trying to get away again until the guards had tightened their grasp to the point she began losing feeling in both of her arms.
    "Oh so you think you are innocent. You think you've done nothing wrong." Phoenix nodded.
    "Wrong! We have been looking for the gifted child for fifteen years; the whole time it was you." Phoenix shook her head frantically, her eyes wide.
     She didn't have a clue what the queen was talking about. She hadn't known anything about a ''gifted child," let alone that it was her.
    "You've been hiding from us." Phoenix tried to protest but it was to late.
    "Take her to a room. Keep her there." The guards grabbed her arms and dragged her away. They dumped her in a room and walked off after locking all the doors.
     The room was beautiful but it felt more like a prison than a castle. Maybe the decorators should consider putting steel bars on the windows. Or maybe just taking the windows out all together, that way people could sit here in the dark and sulk just like in a real jail cell.
    She collapsed on the bed and slowly fell asleep. Even in her dreams she was trapped.
    When she woke up in was getting dark outside.
She had to find a way out of that room. She searched the room and found a hair pin in one of the drawers. She quickly went to the door, put the pin in the lock and pulled the door open when she felt the lock click.
     She ran through the hallways, desperate to get out of the castle. She never realized that,being 5 floors up,she had no idea where she was going.
    She turned a corner and immediately ran into something and fell on the ground. She would have thought she had ran into the wall if it weren't for all the loose papers and boxes scattered around her. 
      She saw something move in the corner of her eye. Her heart started to beat faster. If someone saw her out here they would surely lock her back up in her room and she would never get out.
       She started to stand up but fell right back down when she slipped on several of the loose papers. The figure she had seen moments before had also attempted to get up but his efforts had the same outcome hers had.
       She looked over just as he lifted his head. He was laughing.
"I guess I'm not the only one that's clumsy!" he laughed again and this time phoenix laughed too.
       "I'm sorry about the papers. I was in a hurry and I didn't see you coming around the corner. And... I'm kind of notorious for running into stuff... and people... and, well anything." He smiled sheepishly and phoenix giggled.
       "My name's Charlie. What's your name?" His brow furrowed when she didn't answer. Instead she picked up one of the sheets of paper and started circling the letters P-H-O-E-N-I-X.
      "You don't talk much do you?" She shook her head. "Well it's nice to meet you Phoenix.
       He started picking up all of the papers and putting them back in the boxes. Phoenix started filling the boxes up too.
        She reached out and picked up a stack of papers and underneath she found a crown. Charlie had his back
turned to me so he had not yet seen what she had.        
 
He turned around and his eyes widened when he saw what she was holding. She held it out and he took it but the whole time he wouldn't look her in the eyes.
          When he did look at her, he was surprised to see that her expression hadn't changed. She was still the same, acting like nothing had changed; everything had changed.
          
She pointed at the crown that was now in his hand, then she pointed at him. He nodded and said, "ya, it's mine. I'm the prince."


© 2013 once upon a time


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

GOOD GOOD now seriously don't take so long with the next chapter I want to read it QUICK!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


once upon a time

11 Years Ago

Thanks! I swear this time I won't take nearly as long I guess I just got busy and totally forgot. I .. read more
Time's The Bond

11 Years Ago

GOOD don't get distracted!
once upon a time

11 Years Ago

I'll try not to :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 25, 2012
Last Updated on April 13, 2013


Author

once upon a time
once upon a time

CO



About
I tend to be really quiet unless I'm around those who really know me. I spend most of my time on the computer and watching tv although I spend a lot of that computer time reading and writing. Even th.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5