us

us

A Story by Avery CompassionRose
"

this is a very personal story about someone close to me and how it is difficult for people to understand that sometimes you can't help someone, but you can be there for them.

"
she wrapped her arms around him and let him know that it was okay to cry, because she knows how much pain she is in. she has felt it too. the black hole that they call depression. he had always felt that it was him against the world, until he met her. until he met her, he had realized that his life wasn’t over and that he had love to live for. something greater than himself, something greater than them. and in that moment, he broke down. And he cried 16 years of tears in one night. because the same person who crumbled his world made him realize that his ‘whole world’ was a part of a bigger picture. one that involved her and ‘them’. she made him feel a way that he hadn’t felt in awhile, like he had a purpose and that he had more to live for. she will never forget the night where no one spoke, they just cried together and after that, he was different. little did he know, her love and care could only be a band aid for his real emotional damage, and deep down, she knew that.

© 2017 Avery CompassionRose


Author's Note

Avery CompassionRose
I purposefully changed the cases of the words to give it a gentler feel.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on June 20, 2017
Last Updated on June 20, 2017
Tags: teen, couple, depression, sad

Author

Avery CompassionRose
Avery CompassionRose

Minneapolis, MN, United States Minor Outlying Islands



Writing