Wake me when it's over

Wake me when it's over

A Poem by Nightfeather
"

It is painful to be drained of one's light but it is not painful to enlighten the temporary darkness.

"

Wake me when it’s over


I peel my skin, but the stains are still there.

Nesting in my soul, so I cannot re-forget.

These ‘monsters’ were always longing for my tear,

But their pitiful desires could never be met.

They pulled me into their darkness again,

For my pain is the thing that pity cannot reset...

 

I scream ‘stop’, but ‘their’ smiles play ignorant.

Always wishing for my life to disconnect,

Why are they so fixated on my defect…?

My happiness is raped again, pregnant of their fake judgment.

Painting my body and heart with a bruise…

And leaving me to birth their own pitiful ‘issues’,

 

They can break every bone in my weary body,

But my soul shall never succumb to their violence.

For violence is for the weak and love is for the strong!

I am not the only one that longed for a guidance,

For many have but one thing to wish, a place to belong.

So their ‘leaves’ can finally revert to their once beautiful tree.

 

They can try to cloud our sky, but our sun will always shine,

For they have overlooked our boundary.

It is time for our true selves to wake up!

Construct your ‘materials’, for our hearts deserve a buildup.

 

You told me: “Wake me when it’s over”,

I shall remind you that you are still alive,

Shall we live life, so we may reach our eternal thrive?

Open your eyes, and may our souls feel eternal rapture.


©Mitchell Samuël Gordon

© 2015 Nightfeather


Author's Note

Nightfeather
Many hearts have been tainted by bullies or abusive parents but as long as there is hope left in thy heart, salvation and happiness will not be an impossible dream but will become a part of your reality. For pain is temporary and happiness is permanent.

I do not own this image: http://len-yan.deviantart.com/art/lovemarks-491441391

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like your message of strength & resilience. Being a survivor of long-term childhood abuse, I see many aspects of my journey in your words, especially the idea of feeling broken, but never defeated. Besides the physical abuse in my childhood family, there was a culture of criticism rather than nurturing. Your 2nd stanza states this in a very original way, as I went on to be a critical person myself, for part of my life (pregnant & birthing their issues). This is an anthem for those of us who won't be permanently transformed into similarly ugly people.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nightfeather

7 Years Ago

I am glad that you could see yourself in it and find strength in it. The world can be a dark place b.. read more



Reviews

Hi, I really enjoyed this piece for it was the first I've read with the theme of bullying and abuse. Nicely voiced and empowering, keep it up!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nightfeather

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words :D
I enjoy the way the rhythm coincides with the content. Feels like a natural expression. Enjoyed.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nightfeather

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words and I am glad that you enjoyed my poem :)
"My happiness is raped again, pregnant of their fake judgment.

Painting my body and heart with a bruise…

And leaving me to birth their own pitiful ‘issues’"

You have amazing imagery - your words cut deep.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nightfeather

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words :)
'I am not the only one that longed for a guidance,' - feel this line above the others, though still a fine read.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nightfeather

8 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Omg! You write so deep. I felt as if I were going through this. Good Job!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nightfeather

8 Years Ago

Thank you, I always aim to make my poems as immersive as possible so the reader can feel what I felt.. read more
Such a well designed poem. Bullies and Abuse is such a concerning topic. I'm so glad you can help give hope to those who may not feel it in their own situations.
To the readers, I hope you feel what I felt reading this poem... A desire to help those in need of help. The desire be a friend to those who may be stricken with disgust by others. This should spread!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nightfeather

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words my friend :)
I read it once and the read it again. Full of powerfull expressions and emotions. Excelent!
"I am not the only one that longed for a guidance,
For many have but one thing to wish, a place to belong."

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nightfeather

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words :)
The poem def has a strong impact and a message that needs to spread in the world soon!

The poem was meant for those who are tainted by bullies or abusive parents, but I took it more mentally than physically. I don't know if you wanted to come out that way but I could connect to this version better for example when they call you as crazy and useless just because you think differently are not interested in their views.

What feeling I got out of this, is the rebel feeling. The ones whom people call 'mad' just because they are daring enough to accept what the heart has felt and is feeling. The people, the devils who are hurting you are the same people who were once abused by the other devils. Even they have felt what you have felt, but the difference is they have suppressed it long back and you are still striving to prove what you believe is the truth, what the heart as felt, what comes from in, for the feeling that when aware of pain is vanished because in the world of truth there is no pain and the person in the poem is in the process of knowing this truth and is determined to not give up till he is aware of the truth.

Awesome poem and thought, that needs to be shown to those people who term these rebels or perhaps the right ones as the 'mad'. I could very well connect to the poem and be a part of the feeling. So, yes I have felt it from the deepest sense of my heart and shall bore it there for lifetime because this feeling is a part of me even before I read the poem and after reading it a bit more.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nightfeather

8 Years Ago

Haha, alright. We three, shall earn the title of the worlds most epic writers :D
Rainslover

8 Years Ago

Def! Three idiots. lol. but yeah well def become the three epic writers! :)
Nightfeather

8 Years Ago

Haha, The world will remember us :D
Oh yes... The masochistic orgasm I had when reading this was heavenly hellish. I can just feel the in-beaded pain and misery through out the history of the subject of this poem. Great Job.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nightfeather

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your epic review :D
Hey Night, a glorious piece and such a motivation"
Blood starts to pump,, point well taken,,
" to birth their own pitiful issues" that's like a
Cum in their face right there... awesome!!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nightfeather

8 Years Ago

Thank you and haha you are right. What comes around, comes around like a hula hoop :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1524 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 30, 2015
Last Updated on September 4, 2015
Tags: Poetry, Philosofy, Bullying, Domestic violence

Author

Nightfeather
Nightfeather

Amsterdam, North-Holland, Netherlands



About
Hello, my real name is Mitchell Samuël Gordon :) Writing enhances my mind and soul, cleaning my thought of the world around me. Forging a pleasant feeling, called satisfaction. I am a writ.. more..

Writing
Genesis Genesis

A Poem by Nightfeather



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..