Amor

Amor

A Story by Drowning with Stars
"

We think of love as a good thing, but of course it has its dark side...

"
     Taylor shuddered as a chill went through her and pulled her jacket tighter around her. That had been happening to her lately, it was kinda weird.
     In the very next second Eli's face flashed in her mind, and she dropped down onto her bed, a sob caught in her throat. The image lingered a moment: his smooth olive skin, his dark, shaggy hair, his crooked smile, his dark, almost black eyes, oh, those eyes.... Then she saw him hugging Clarissa, her perfect blonde curls falling all over his shoulders. Twice more the scene she'd unfortunately witnessed earlier today replayed behind her eyes, which were squeezed tightly shut, and Taylor leaned over, clutching her chest as she watched. First she saw Eli smile, looking at Clarissa much too close to exactly the way he used to look at Taylor. She watched as he chuckled in that charmed way, as he slowly put his arms around her, as she hugged him back without any of the same affection... as he let the hug last a beat longer than it needed to, savoring each millisecond despite the lack of mutual admiration.
     Then it was over, and she gasped for breath, then fell back on her bed, sobs wracking through her body. She doesn't love you, I do, come back to me...
~~~~
     A small, shadowy creature crept out from behind the sobbing girl's bed, unnoticed. He glanced back at her, then, satisfied, vanished from the room. A few seconds later he appeared in a different bedroom, reviewing some work from earlier. A few feet away a girl shivered at her desk, the way they all did when he arrived. Then she continued typing something on her laptop, and he quickly crawled up the back of her chair to look over her shoulder. Cupid works for the devil. The shadowy creature narrowed his dark eyes as she clicked "share." Cupid, he scoffed silently. As if some imaginary baby with a flimsy bow and arrow could handle his work. Inside he felt Lucipher fan the fire inside him, helping his ever-present anger grow. Well, what are you waiting for, Amor? Prove them wrong, Lucipher hissed in the shadow creature's mind. Yes, sir. Amor let out a low growl and vanished, on to another victim. 

© 2011 Drowning with Stars


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This piece has so much enothion in it! I can feel the heartbreak of this girl. I can feel the pain she is feeling. This is very well worded and overall, a fantastic piece! Good job!!:D

Posted 12 Years Ago


woah. This is a very dar peice. I love ut:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh my gosh...this is amazing. Are you write more or what?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 17, 2011
Last Updated on October 18, 2011

Author

Drowning with Stars
Drowning with Stars

TX



About
What I love about poetry is that it's completely personal. Not only to the writer, but the same poem also means something a little different to every single reader, the same way a song is different to.. more..

Writing