His secret...They're judgements </3

His secret...They're judgements A Poem by megan brooks

His scars tell a story. That

no one will ever understand.

They're all a secret of what he

has to hide inside his head. He

gets called silly names. Words

like "emo", "suicidal", and "crazy".

But they always fail to phase him.

So he just "takes it"... while telling

himself that they're all wrong. But

when the sun goes down and he's all

alone...he breaks. The tears come

slowly, the blood oozes down his wrist.

And once his emotions are all over with,

he will do the exact same routine tommorrow.

All becuase of the others at school, who could't

keep their mouths shut and their thoughts

to themselves.... before they even knew his

story... </3

© 2012 megan brooks


Author's Note

megan brooks
honesty please :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dear LL,
I believe we too have a difference of opinion, though I do see your side of the arguement. Not that it probably matters to you, but some kids lack the strength to resist things like "throwing the blade away". Many of my friends in high scholl cut themselves. While yes it is a way of coping, it is silly and I agree, however, we cannot fathom what they go through that makes them resort to self-mutilation, nor do I ever want to know. Though I respect your opinion=) just wanted to remind you of the other side of the story. ANYWAY. I do like this piece, if you want it to look better I learned that double spacing poems conveys their message better, as well as looking into some other forms of punctutation. I don't claim to be an expert, just helpful advice, I've actually only ever written a handful of poems=p I lack the skill required;D it's an art I swear.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Words can destroy a life. I believe must teach kids defense against words and bad actions. A sad story with a sad ending in the poem. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


The scars of all are felt in those that read you,w ell done, good read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


great story its like 2 sides fighting back and forth

Posted 12 Years Ago


Dear LL,
I believe we too have a difference of opinion, though I do see your side of the arguement. Not that it probably matters to you, but some kids lack the strength to resist things like "throwing the blade away". Many of my friends in high scholl cut themselves. While yes it is a way of coping, it is silly and I agree, however, we cannot fathom what they go through that makes them resort to self-mutilation, nor do I ever want to know. Though I respect your opinion=) just wanted to remind you of the other side of the story. ANYWAY. I do like this piece, if you want it to look better I learned that double spacing poems conveys their message better, as well as looking into some other forms of punctutation. I don't claim to be an expert, just helpful advice, I've actually only ever written a handful of poems=p I lack the skill required;D it's an art I swear.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is good. Heartbreaking, and yet true for so many kids out there right now. It's sad to think that this is the true reasoning behind many who cut... but one's peers really can do so much hurt and damage to another without even realizing it. :(

Posted 12 Years Ago


The blade has two sides..one is sharp to give relief from the pain...the other dull giving a chance for second thoughts before making a mark. No matter how deep one cuts...or how much one bleeds (and we can bleed a great deal) the pain and sorrow will remain...once that wound closes up and begins to regenerate skin to scar...back comes the sorrow...back comes the anguish...but use the dull side and you only leave a crease..a meer thought..a second chance to begin his way to finding out their judgements aren't justified and he IS worthy of having thoughts and being himself...thoses scars of his really only magnify that they broke his pride in himself...you have captured that meaning very well...dark thoughts piece indeed.. he need only one bright thought to build on and soon that knife will return to just slicing an apple for lunch. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dear megan brooks,

I don't agree with this because it's saying to me because of those who condemn him, he cuts himself, which is just not right. He will look back one day and regret those scars, unable to erase them whenever he gets ready. He will one day look back and laugh at those condemning him. If they are wrong, why would he cut himself proving them actually right. Despite whatever story, he should throw the blade away and do something that doesn't hurt him and others.

I didnt like this line, "all because of the others at school" because it sounded like an excuse. Words shouldn't control a person. A person should be able to control words.

And no, I don't mean this as an attack, just my opinion. This is a sensitive topic for me because I used to cut and I regret it so much.

Sincerely Livana Lowell (LL)

God bless

Posted 12 Years Ago


I understand .. This happens everyday, somewhere .. Maybe this is not a poem, but a sad true story .. .. The word 'Help' comes to mind .. There is only so much you can do, by loving Him .. He must reach for a hand up and out of this terrible bond ..
Tell someone at the School .. there are options ..

hugs .. . Jazz

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is true on so many levels. Good write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This happens a lot. Good one :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 16, 2012
Last Updated on March 16, 2012

Author

megan brooks
megan brooks

charlston, WV



About
Im megan. Im absolutely in love with this girl. Yes im bi:P I love writing poetry and listening to music. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..