Chapter One: An Act of Kindness

Chapter One: An Act of Kindness

A Chapter by Meghan Alex

Suicide is not an act of selfishness. It’s an act of kindness. One less mouth to feed, one less “friend” to fight with, one less stoner kid to teach, one less son to care about. I watch from above as I reach into my bag and produce the pills. I take them one at a time, careful to swallow each one cleanly. I unscrew the lid of the bottle, shake one pill into my hand, and sip and swallow. Shake, sip, and swallow. Over and over again until every last pill is gone. When the bottle is empty, I bite my lip. I bite off some dead skin and taste blood. I take the razor and drag it across my wrist, watching it pierce the gentle tissue as the first drops of blood trickle down my arm. I hear a car pull into the driveway. Better move quickly. I take the stool in one hand and position it perfectly. There’s blood everywhere. I clutch my chest with my bleeding arm and use my good arm to loop the belt around my neck. A belt. Real classy. “Goodbye,” I whisper. The door to my room bursts open and I jump. I hear a snap and nothing hurts anymore. Everything is black. I wait for the light to come, but it doesn’t. Not yet.



© 2012 Meghan Alex


Author's Note

Meghan Alex
It's rough.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ii think it's very good and intriguing that you started with the word suicide. It brings attention and interest, curiosity. It also seems honest. I don't know if you're writing from your personal experience or not, but I sure can relate to the scene and it sounds real... If you understand what I'm trying to say. Anyway, it's good and I wanna read more. :) and * :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mind blowing, really.

Posted 11 Years Ago


not a bad start, I'm immediately interested in the person, not quite hooked by any sort of a plot but this doesn't seem like a plot reliant story, more of a personal journey and at this point I'm still interested in the protagonist.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is really cleverly written. If it is rough (and i don't see it if it is) then it furthers the story. The emotions here were obvious, but somehow deeper than that. You were clearly in this persons head because you take the reader there with you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ii think it's very good and intriguing that you started with the word suicide. It brings attention and interest, curiosity. It also seems honest. I don't know if you're writing from your personal experience or not, but I sure can relate to the scene and it sounds real... If you understand what I'm trying to say. Anyway, it's good and I wanna read more. :) and * :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This looks interesting. It keeps you interested in the story. I feel for the character yet I want to help him. nice work so far.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Nyx
love how you started immediately with how the character thought of suicide. looks like this is going to be a really good read!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very powerful start! Is this the entire chapter or just part? Good story, I love the syntax and the images that spring into my mind as I read. Puts me into someone else's world. That's the idea, right?
Faith

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rough, but a good read nonetheless! I love how descriptive it is and how smoothly it flows onto each sentence. And how truthful (I'm in no way trying to encourage the act), the first two lines are.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

538 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 15, 2012
Last Updated on May 17, 2012


Author

Meghan Alex
Meghan Alex

About
I'm a full-time blogger, writer, and weirdo. I'm completely awkward and strange. I've been through severe depression but I'm on the road to recovery :) I hope you enjoy my writing, even though it's .. more..

Writing