Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Saki Kikkio
"

The beginning is the end

"
 The land was a waist, only sand drifted in clouds across the lifeless desert, the sun beat down, hot waves creasing the shaky footing. They stood on one of the many dunes, watching the landscape as if it would revile in's occupants. They dressed in thick armor, tan and pale brown, to blend into the surrounding area, helmets, boots, even weapons the same. 'Charlie come in Charlie. Over' The walkies were a mere whisper in the endless silence of the land. "This is Charlie, were moving into point blue. Over" The man in front spoke in to the men on the other side back at the base. 'Roger Charlie, any problems Rodriguez?' The man hit the button once more, "None so far man, it's kind of creepy. Over" One of the other men made a clucking noise behind Rodriguez, the other two chuckled. The leader gave the clunker a one finger solute without looking at him, "Shut up Jones."
     'Keep an eye open ladies, you'll be missing this quiet in a little bit. Over' Another took the walkies from Rodriguez "How soon is that Alpha? Over." The walkies crackled but no one answered on the other side. "Alpha? come in Alpha. Over." Still just the crackle of the empty line, "Damn it Alpha! Respond! Over." The line clicked and laughing sounded from the walkies, the type of maniac laughing of a man who loved to kill, and had no remorse over it. 'One, two, Teddy's coming for you, three, four, lock the door, five, six, don't take a risk, seven, eight, you're the bait, nine, ten, say good bye to your kin.' The line clicked off and static rang out of it like a cold breath. The men looked at Rodriguez, "What do we do now?" Jones asked, his hands were shaking. "Alpha was made up of twenty men, the base help fifty. We can't stop someone like that on our own." One of the other two said, Rodriguez sighed, "I know Madison, four solders alone can't do much, if we can contact the other camps, we night be able to get help there and warn them of the enemies attack. Prevent any other wipe outs like Alpha." He looked to the last man "Brody, were are the other camps located at."
     They squatted in the sand and Brody pulled a map from his pocket, "We're just west of blue, Alpha was red, the closest is blue. It's small, only eight members, but they have lizards and their fast, snipers mostly." Rodriguez nodded, "Then we'll stay in rout to point blue, if s**t hits the fan we can take lizards to point black, or even purple." They nodded and stood, Brody rolled the map and put it in his pack, the sea of hot sand seemed just that more empty, and threatening.

 


© 2013 Saki Kikkio


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on June 5, 2013
Last Updated on June 5, 2013
Tags: war


Author

Saki Kikkio
Saki Kikkio

griffin, GA



About
When life gives you lemons, make apple juice. Then watch as the world goes to chaos trying to figure out how you beat their limits more..

Writing
Shadows Shadows

A Poem by Saki Kikkio


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Saki Kikkio