Chapter 1: Same Dream New Twist

Chapter 1: Same Dream New Twist

A Chapter by Meredith

Lately my dreams have been filled with falling. In these dreams, I fall. Not off of a cliff but off of a house. I don’t know what the house looks like or even where it is. All I know is that I always end up falling.

            Below the house there is a sea of sharp rocks lining the ground. I never end up hitting the ground. Something always forces my eyes open the second when my body is going to make contact with the rocks below. Tonight was different.

            Tonight my dream started off the same. Me sitting on a roof of a house. The same house as always. Usually a strong gust of wind forces me off the roof. As I waited for the wind I observed that a murky fog was rolling in. I could barely see my hands. I waited for the wind to push me off the roof. I was almost anticipating it. I knew my dream would soon be over and I could wake up.

            I sat waiting in the fog for a long time. I knew I couldn’t wake up until the dream was over. Until I fell. So knowing I wouldn’t hit the ground I put my delicate hands behind me. I swung my feet over the side of the roof and let my hands push me off.

            I began descending gracefully of the roof. My golden hair flying behind me.  As I neared the rocky ground I expected to wake up safely in my bed. This time, (the time when I usually woke up) a beeping noise suddenly could be heard. I tried to figure out what it was. I was no longer paying attention to how close my body was to the ground but to the beeping.

            Suddenly I felt a sharp pain on my forehead. It took me a minute to grasp what it was but when I did, I wish I hadn’t. My head had hit one of the rocks below. My back and legs had landed in between two other rocks. My forehead was stinging with pain. I knew I had to be bleeding. The pain was over whelming. I lifted my hand up to my injured head expecting to wipe some of the blood off.

            I brought my hand back down to the ground. When I saw it I was devastated. The was no blood on my hand at all. So many thoughts were racing through my head. Then I lifted my hand back up to my forehead. I let my hand wipe over my entire face a couple of times feeling for blood.

            All I felt was an open gash on the right side off my face. I looked at my hand one more time, checking to see if there was even a drop of blood. There wasn’t.

            My vision got blurrier and blurrier, like I was fading out of this all and into real life. I heard a noise. Almost people’s voices calling my name.

            “Maria! Why would you do that? Are you okay? Can you hear me?” is what I heard coming from the blurry figures standing in the doorway of the house.  They began to walk closer. It seemed like they were running. Soon I saw that there were three of them. They kneeled by my side. I felt a warm hand touch my cheek.

            “There is blood.” A high voice said in disgust. Before I could register the fact that all of the sudden there was blood, the world went black.

            It almost seemed like I was going to wake up, but I could still hear there voices. “Hospital? No I think we could just take her to the infirmary, the nurse will take care of her.” A voice argued.

            “Ally, she is out cold. We need the hospital… now” a voice agued back in a what sounded like a British accent.

            “She is going to…” the sentence was cut short. A loud beeping interrupted her sentence. It was the same beeping that distracted me when I was falling. It grew louder and louder until I was unbearable.

            My eyelids fluttered open. A sea of bright lights flooded into my eyes. I still heard the loud beeping. I looked around the room trying to find the source of the beeping. It was my alarm clock.

            I sat up in bed and turned the alarm off. I let out a lazy yawn and I pulled my arms up behind my head to stretch. My forearm slightly brushed my head and a stinging pain rushed through my whole body.

 



© 2011 Meredith


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

continue on... i think there is potential! I'd like to read more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Please comment!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 14, 2011
Last Updated on August 14, 2011


Author

Meredith
Meredith

Houston, TX



About
Tell Me About Yourself SurveyNameMeredithBirthday1/29BirthplaceTexasCurrent LocationTexasEye ColorBrownHair ColorBrownHeight5'7 or 5'8Right Handed or Left HandedLeft Your Heritageumm... ??????The Shoe.. more..

Writing
Vivid Dream Vivid Dream

A Book by Meredith