The Heart

The Heart

A Chapter by mi_Y

The Little Snail and Her Dreams
There was once a little snail. She was born with a shell over her shoulders, which she had to carry with her day and night, wherever she went. As she grew older, she began to resent her predicament of having to carry it all her life.
When she looked up at the bushes, she saw colourful pretty butterflies flying from one flower to another. And she became jealous of their beauty and freedom.
When she looked up at the sky, she saw flocks of birds flying swiftly and majestically, quickly disappearing into the horizon. And she became jealous of their ability to fly and see the world.
When she turned away, she saw the majestic lion walked past. The little snail was awed by his hairy mane, smooth fur, sharp claws and strong presence. And she became jealous of his power.
Then night came and the little snail went to sleep, becoming even more unhappy with what she saw during the day.
When she fell asleep in her shell, she dreamt that she was one of the pretty butterflies. She was happily flying from one flower to another with her friends, when suddenly she turned into a fat grubby caterpillar, overweight and always having the desire to eat. She also felt constant danger from the birds and other predators. And she woke up.
Then she fell asleep again and this time she dreamt that she was the powerful lion. She felt strong and powerful, and all the animals fear her and kept their distance. But the animals she met all withdraw from her because they were afraid she might eat them. Suddenly she began to feel lonely and alone, and she began crying.
And then she woke up from the dreams and it was still dark.
She looked up and now she saw her shell. Her old little shell, which had accompanied her all her life, protecting her from rain and shine, keeping her safe and warm.
She looked at her old little shell and felt very very thankful, and she curled back into her little shell into a contented sleep. And this time she slept till morn comes.
****
"Just as depression is an expression of dissatisfaction with oneself, hostility is an expression of dissatisfaction with others."
- Dean Hamer & Peter Copeland, in "Living With Our Genes"
The key word is dissatisfaction. Be clear with what you are dissatisfied about, be it with yourself or others, and work your ways out from there...
There is no problem too difficult to solve. God never gave us more than what we can handle. So let's be strong.
*****
Emotions are felt even by the animals as well. Emotions are useful because they detect what is going on from the environment, provide an input to our brains and guide our behaviour. What makes humans superior is that we can act against what our emotions dictate to our brains. But animals can't.
Ever felt like you just want to jump out of the window and commit suicide but don't? That's our brain function there overriding the drive from emotions.
Emotions are precious too.
****
"90% of transgender, lesbian and gay youths have been verbally or physically harrassed at school." @Psychological (Twitter)
Nobody deserves to be bullied.
****
"Love your lover with all your heart, not with all your mind.
Hence when you break up, only your heart aches, and not your mental state."
****
"Our happiness lies in the happiness of other people. Give them their happiness; you will get your own happiness."
- Rinku ST
And this is the beautiful connection intertwining every human being on this planet.
****
If you have any evil in your heart, don't try to deny it, admit it to yourself, and desire to change. That's how the "raging in our soul" stops.
****
Getting rid of hatred and bitterness is one of the best things you can do for you. By forgiving the person and forgetting the offense. Forgive and forget.
Love overcomes all evil.
Don't let anger leads to hatred. Anger is there to show injustice has been done. Acknowledge your own anger, then let go of it, so you can think clearly and take appropriate actions to rectify. And anger will come no more.
Nothing in this world is ever worth our anger.
Feeling angry depresses our logical reasoning section of the brain. Therefore it was said "in your anger do not sin"
****
Slander can destroy a person's reputation. But the truth will always reveal itself. So don't worry be blessed! 
****
It feels great to stand up for what is right, not with a judgemental attitude but with love.
****
I don't do worrying.
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to their life?"
If it's something I can do I shall do it.
If it's not in my control I shall leave it with God, knowing He is with me and is good towards me- (thankful)
****
Worry paralyses you from doing your best, and fear makes your worst fear come true.
Therefore, cast all worry and fear, leave them with the Lord God.
****
Don't take pleasure from evil things, lest it (evil) become part of you.
Refuse the pleasure of sin. Because the pleasure of sin is artificial to the real joy from being good- in thoughts, speech and deed.
We are all getting there.


© 2014 mi_Y


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on February 23, 2014
Last Updated on April 24, 2014


Author

mi_Y
mi_Y

Writing
My Husband My Husband

A Story by mi_Y