Season One review

Season One review

A Story by Michaela
"

album review

"
The long awaited follow up to The Underground Tapes is finally here, the energy of the new album seems to be encompassed in its title, Season One. The title, indicative of the fresh start  approach that Saukrates has taken to the project  is letting his old and new fans know its game time. Season One full of soul and style is expressive of new beginings with a familiar Saukrates flavor, served in unexpected ways sure to keep listeners on their toes. A clear testimony to his triumphs and tragedies both personal and universal its easy to bob your head and feel uplifted to a number of the tracks. The messages being delivered are clearly rooted in Soxx's appreciation of sports growing up in Toronto and that he has held on to today. At times over seasoned, with the all to expected sports anologies peppered through the 17 songs if you can swallow the positive overflow your sure to play the album more than once.
    Soxx's fight to create has been ongoing since being dropped in '98 by Warner all the way to the release of Season One late April of 2012. Having a hard time sustaining major backing by a label he lent his talents to other endeavors until finding a home with Gilla House, his group Big Black Lincoln, and being a co-founder of Capitol Hill Music. On the Get Loose tour with Nelly Furtado and then collaborating with Method Man and Redman on the single "A-Yo"   a solo project was long over due for Saukrates.
    Remerging with Season One, Saukrates has already had success with such tracks as "Say I" ft. Ob Brien, gaining major radio play and being featured in 2011 Nike commercial. Being nominated twice for a Juno award first in '96 then in 2000 this maybe Soxx's chance to take one home. With exceptional features including K-os, Richie Hennessey, Nelly Furtado not to mention Redman on the last track Drop it Down all add to the quality of the album. It appears that he has found his recipe for success lets just hope its not another decade before the next Saukrate's project.

© 2012 Michaela


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed reading your review. It brought back memories of my daughter's musical review writing. She wrote for a magazine called MODERN FIX and actually got paid for writing reviews, not much, but money is money. I don't know if you have looked into those possibilities as a young writer, but if not maybe you should. She was also given a press pass and got into a lot of good venues for free.

Posted 11 Years Ago


for the full length version go to mvremix.com/urban

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 8, 2012
Last Updated on May 8, 2012

Author

Michaela
Michaela

FL



About
young up and coming writer, based in Florida, eating up every opportunity that comes my way. more..

Writing
Man-cation Man-cation

A Story by Michaela