Man-cation

Man-cation

A Story by Michaela
"

breakup, girls, relationships

"

Bitter breakup? One where he broke your heart, cheated on you, came out of the closet or some combination of the previous mentioned. For many women, not all but many, after you find your way out of the shock of the initial break up, next comes the ever frequent fits of tears brought on by the wrong song played by your Pandora, then there is the anger, what I like to refer to as the F**k-em stage. Which is what can be the most crucial part of the post break up healing process, and is commonly over looked. While its true getting under someone can help you get over a past, this is a temporary fix that only creates a cycle more painful than your monthlies possibly contracting unwanted diseases.  We are all familiar with the sad, stuff your face with ice cream, stalk his social networks part of the break up process, but many women either skip the angry segment, man-cation, or guy hating phase all together or get stuck in it later to be labeled a bitter cat lady. We want you to feel and work through the mad phase. How, you may be wondering can you identify if you, yourself is in this ever so crucial guy hating phase, while each case is situational here are some of the tell tale signs. You no longer communicate with your ex, or if you do it’s a rampage of you’ll regret this and I’ll f**k your friend emails. Common and can be addicting when experiencing the guy hating phase. Do you have a larger than usually disgust for you girlfriends new easy going no strings attached relationship she is having while at the same time she tells you her ex is trying to get her back by writing her love letters. Not to worry wanting to drink excessively is a well known side effect. If your ugly this doesn’t pertain to you, but for all the pretty girls does the daily banter from random men that use to be flattering and make your then boyfriend jealous having you find yourself cursing out anyone looking to long in your direction. For the ladies whom are towards the end of their man-cation and have actually started to see the male species as attractive again instead of God’s gravest mistakes, you may experience conflicting feelings when approached by interested parties of the opposite sex. When engaging in conversation it is likely to feel fully healed and normal until talking further with dude who is sure to say something completely harmless and sweet that will make you want to punch him in the throat. It is important to recognize if you are going through the man-cation, setbacks can be fatal. Nothing is worse than giving your number or going on a date to soon with a guy to then after be bombarded with his mass forward good morning princess texts and the dueschiest of them all send me a pic. This kind of derailing and traumatic encounter(s) often leads to a girl phase which may end in a land of no return or more simply slow the healing process. In your angry, guys are the enemy, dicks make you queasy phase all these feeling and emotions are normal and should not be shied away from. Allow yourself enough but not a pro longed amount of time to be shocked, sad, and mad. Allowing yourself to release the anger even if it is on a total stranger, while we recommend something more like yoga or masturbating, is the healthiest thing you could do most importantly for yourself and if you want your next relationship to be a successful one. You need to release the stored negative emotion learn from it so the next man you want to make more than a f**k buddy you don’t have the additional baggage from your previous situation and you can be the fun, happy new girlfriend that he doesn’t want to break up with, or if all else fails dump the next dude first.

© 2012 Michaela


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on June 19, 2012
Last Updated on June 19, 2012

Author

Michaela
Michaela

FL



About
young up and coming writer, based in Florida, eating up every opportunity that comes my way. more..

Writing