B.o.B. strange clouds review

B.o.B. strange clouds review

A Story by Michaela
"

album review

"

       Love, the changes fame brings the good and bad, and the general pursuit of happiness. Painting a picture with Strange Clouds, B.o.B relays a mashup of feelings between track 1 and 15.  With great success on his first album, B.o.B: Present the Adventures of Bobby Ray, he delivers on every level with his sophomore album Strange Clouds.  With and epic intro and outro read by actor Morgan Freeman, prefacing the calm before the storm, track one waste no time letting you know what Strange Clouds is all about. Ray Bands has a more sinister beat that continues to build with each verse finding a way to expand until the last beat. Taylor Swift a pleasant surprise sing the hook over a soft melody in Both of Us and is a dynamic addition to the album as a whole as well as So Good are pop records and already receiving much attention.

            The typical pros of  rappers , expect to hear lots of shout outs and refrences to B.o.B’s team Grand Hustle and home town Atlanta, Georgia done in jubelation and thanks for the continued support. Swagging a little harder and boosting on some verses through out the project due to all his hard work paying off. Album titled track Strange Clouds ft. Lil Wayne doesn’t dissapoint on the rock and roll feeling beat hearing lines that conjour images of lavish living and partying hard. Giving us yet another dimension classic piano undertones paired with the expected based hip hop beat B.o.B reminds us with each punch line just how hungry he is about continued success. Rounding out the project Nick Minaji’s energy on Out of My Mind is nothing short of her anticipated animated self  and with Bobby Ray matching that energy is makes for a fun and entertaining track.

            The ease at which he switched from rapping to singing is a testament to B.o.B’sability to deliver the material with multiple layers allowing the listener to connect with something new each time they hear the record. Such a wide range of musicality on this album, even with all star features from Taylor Swift, T.I., and Trey Songs, B.o.B still seems to outshine them all. Displaying his growth from his last project he dispells some of the criticsms on the last song of the album. A consistent presence on every track, great delivery on each line with content that encompasses but reaches beyond cars, clothes,and (for the sake of this article) women. Most importantly speaking his unique truth, he has the world’s ear once again.

© 2012 Michaela


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on May 25, 2012
Last Updated on May 25, 2012

Author

Michaela
Michaela

FL



About
young up and coming writer, based in Florida, eating up every opportunity that comes my way. more..

Writing
Man-cation Man-cation

A Story by Michaela