'till death

'till death

A Story by Lost in Wonderland
"

The pasts of these men will determine the future of heather.

"

   I stood there in the dark room shivering, stray wisps off my light brown hair falling out of my bun and on to my face. I could feel their cool breath on the back of my neck.

   "Jake..." I whispered hoarsely.

   "Yes?"

   "How many are there?"

   He hesitated. "Three, Heather." I drew in a long, shaky breath as invisible fingers ran up and down my ivory arms. A cold hand went around my neck. I gasped, and shifted my green eyes around the room, seeing no one. They were all dead. I heard Jake breathing deeply as the hand around my neck tightened. My breathing was raged now and the one of the 'men' chuckled softly in my ear.

    "W-who are you?" I asked, trying unsuccessfully to sound confident, "What do you want?" I was praying to God I could just help them out then leave.

    "Your little boyfriend here," said a deep gravely voice with a thick Jersey accent; he owned the hand around my throat, "owed my boss money, so we had to uh... 'take care of him'...."he trailed of as the three ghosts laughed, I shuddered. "But," the one holding my neck continued, "we got caught and the cops got rid of us, and uh," he brought his icy lip to my neck, "we want revenge."

    I heard Jake yell and then two of the men...or ghosts next two me moved towards him, Jake grunted and strained but he came no closer to me, the hand on my throat tightened and I was gasping for air.

    "And since we cant kill him again....we had another person in mind."

    "NO!" Jake screamed and the man threw me to the floor. I lye there gulping down air for only a few seconds and then I was heaved into a hard, brick wall. I heard a crack and my vision went blurry. Slowly, I brought a shaky hand up to my head; I could feel warm liquid seeping through my hair and trickling down my sore neck. Moaning in pain, I crumpled to the floor.

    The ring leader of the men saw me bleeding and called for the others to leave and soon, they were all gone. Finally, I heard Jake run over to me, and felt his hand and take mine and I could almost...see him. He had icy blue eyes, that were shiny as if he were crying, he had dark brown hair that fell in his face. His lips were kind of blue and dry; he was incredibly pale. But most of all he was beautiful. A tear fell on his cheek and I hesitantly took my free hand and wiped it away. Jake gasped in shock and fresh tears pooled in his eyes.

    "Jake?" I asked, my voice faint.

    He sucked in a shaky breath, "Yeah babe?"

    "....Am I dieing?"

    He exhaled, "Yeah babe."

    I considered this a moment then closed my eyes, “Ok...." I sighed as he kissed me lightly, and pulled him down so I could lie next to him and finally fall asleep in his arms.

© 2011 Lost in Wonderland


Author's Note

Lost in Wonderland
This could also be categorized as supernatural...but i'm a sucker fo a little dark romances:)

I wrote this story last summer late at night to get over a "scary" ghost story. It was the 6th sense-and yes, i know i am a wimp. So sorry if this is choppy but I hope you enjoy:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on November 20, 2011
Last Updated on November 20, 2011

Author

Lost in Wonderland
Lost in Wonderland

In the clouds, Where dreams are found



About
My name is Mickey:) I have a facbook page:) Please like it if you want more..

Writing