Twilight's Last Glory by Stephen Perkins

Twilight's Last Glory by Stephen Perkins

A Story by Mik

4 stars


“Twilights Last Glory” by Stephen Perkins is an exciting and suspenseful read. From Artificial Intelligence to rigged, for profit games to organized crime, this book has it all. Every setting is described with wonderful details and colorful words. The book takes you on an in-depth story of the first female kicker, extreme violence and double crossing. It is set in December of 2030 in the city of Las Vegas. I have a preference for shorter sentences rather than long, wordy ones, which is the only reason I rated this novel 4 stars instead of 5.

A city ruled by organized crime. A game played for money and fame. A league set in motion to expand to the whole world. A doctor imagines a world of WFFL’s (the World Federal Football League) rosters being filled with AI instead of real bodies. Based on greed, wealth, and worldwide control, the Octagonal is the organization behind the scenes. They organize prostitution, gambling and murder. One day, Salerno’s masters decide he’s disposable and he must decide whether to make friends with an enemy in order to take them down before they get to him. Michelle, described as catatonic, and Christina, a musical prodigy, keep Salerno “human”. If you like football, sci-fi mysteries and colorful descriptions, this book would be well worth the read.


© 2018 Mik


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on December 10, 2018
Last Updated on December 10, 2018

Author

Mik
Mik

About
Intense passion for writing and expressing myself and others through writing. more..

Writing