Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by minnie:)

                                 The bell for the end of third period rang, as everyone stood up to leave class and go to lunch Sammy walked over to Samantha's desk. "Hey Samantha you ready to go to lunch?" 

                                    "Yeah let's go before the line gets to long." Samantha and Sammy walk out of the class room.

                                    "Samantha, Sammy!!" They turned around and saw Luna walking up to them.

                                    "Where have you been?!" Sammy asked angrily.

                                    "I've been out sick." Luna answered.

                                    "For six days?" Samantha asked

                                    "OK fine i was at the beach for 2 days. Are you happy now?"

                                    "Very" Sammy said. "Can we go to lunch now I'm starving?"

                                    When Samantha, Sammy and Luna arrived in the lunch room they put their stuff down and headed to the lunch line. "I heard there's a new kid that just started this morning." Sammy said.

                                   "Really? Is it a dude or a chick?" Asked Luna. "I don't know I think they're in one of your classes Samantha." "Well I did see some guy in class that I didn't recognize, he's probably the new kid. Any way guys, I'll be right back, I have to go to the restroom, save my spot."

                                  "OK." Sammy and Luna said in unison. They looked at each other and laughed.

                                  Samantha walked away and when she reached the hallway someone bumped into her.

                                  "HEY! Watch......"

                                  "I am SO sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." When Samantha looked at him she saw that he had dirty blonde hair and was sweating from running through the hallways. "It's fine" Samantha said apologetically. "I haven't seen you around here."

                                 "I'm new, I just started this morning." "Oh! You're the kid that came in and ran into the desk in second period." Samantha said laughing.

                                 "Yeah." He said blushing. "I'm John."

                                 "My name's Samantha. Are you heading to lunch or to a class?"                           

                                 "I'm heading to lunch."

                                 "Oh, well I uh, better be getting back, my friends usually start freaking out if I'm not back in under two minutes." 

                                 "OK well I'll see you tomorrow in second period."

                                 "OK um, bye"

                                 When John walked away Samantha knew, even though she just met John she liked him. Before he disappeared Samantha looked behind her to look at him.

                      When Samantha got back to the table Sammy and Luna were laughing.                

                                 "Whats so funny?" 

                                 "Some blonde haired dude bumped into Josh and got his lunch all over him!" Luna said laughing.

                                 "Wow, what a klutz." Samantha said not really that interested.              

                                 "What's wrong with you?" Sammy asked still giggling.

                                 "I'm not feeling to good, I think I'm gonna go to the nurses office."

                                 "Do you want me to walk with you?" Luna asked a little worried.

                                "No I'll be fine" Samantha got up from the table and started walking to the nurses office, halfway there Samantha started feeling dizzy, her vision was fading and before she hit the ground she was unconscious.

                                John walked around the corner and saw Samantha's body lying still and he ran over to her. He bent over and put his middle and index finger to her neck to see if she was still breathing. When he did he was shocked by how warm she was, John picked Samantha up as he stood and ran her to the nurses office. When he walked in the nurse turned her head and saw Samantha in Johns arms and ran over to them.

                                "What happened?!" She asked frantically. "I don't know I walked around the corner and saw her on the floor. I checked to see if she was if she was still breathing, when I did her skin felt like I was touching a heater. I think she has a high fever." John said breathing heavily from carrying Samantha through the hallways.                 

                               "Thank you John I've got it from here." 

                               "Do mind if I stay? Just until she wakes up."

                               "Sure thing John, I have to go to the office real quick anyway. If something serious happens call the front office, tell them you need Nurse Nancy and that it's an emergency." Before John could answer the nurse left the room and he was left alone with Samantha.

                                About five minutes went by and Samantha woke up. As she sat up she noticed she was in the nurses office, looking around and saw John with his head on the bed asleep. When Samantha moved her legs John woke up with a start and leaned up. Samantha almost screamed when he leaned up from being startled.

                                "Well, Well, Well, look who's up." He said hysterically.

                                Samantha was looking around confused at how she had gotten here.

                              "What happened?"

                              "You passed out in the hallway and you had a high fever. You were lucky I was walking around in the halls, you probably would've woke up in your own pile of vomit. When I saw you laying on the floor I ran over picked you up and brought you here, the nurses office she had to go to the front office to grab something, I asked her if I could stay and keep an eye on you to make sure your fever didn't get worse."

                               "Oh....um.... thanks." Samantha said. She could feel her face heating up and turning red after John explained how he'd helped her when she passed out in the hall.

                              "Well I better be getting back to class before I miss to much." Samantha suggested while getting out of the bed. When she was completely standing she started to wobble. When John saw her he ran over and caught her before she fell to the ground completely. When she landed in his arms she could fell his arms flexing as he held her to keep her standing. Samantha looked up at his face and knew that it would be crazy to do but she wasn't thinking, she leaned in a kissed him before he even had a chance to move away. When she leaned back her face was  dark red.

                                "Oh my goodness I am SO sorry......I uh......I...I'm gonna go to class now." Samantha quickly grabbed her stuff and headed for the door but before she could reach for the handle her arm was pulled back and John pulled her in for a kiss. When they pulled away from each other Samantha ran to the door and ran to class. She tried hard to blink back tears, she didn't know why she was crying she just wanted to get away, she felt stupid for what she did but she wanted to know why John had kissed her back, they just met, they barely knew each other, why would he kiss her back?

                                The next morning Samantha woke up to the ringing of her phone, she stretched her hand out to her bedside table and answered.

                               "Hello?" She answered with a long yawn.

                               "Hey, hey. Guess who?" Luna said hysterically.

                               "Hey Luna, what's up?" 

                               "Nothing, I just called to let you know you missed the bus and school starts in half an hour I'm in the driveway and I'm leaving in ten. Better hurry." And with that Luna hung up. When Luna told Samantha she missed the bus she quickly pulled on a pair of jeans and a shirt, she ran to the bathroom and quickly brushed her teeth and hair, when Samantha was done she ran to her room grabbed her book bag and a pair of shoes and ran outside.

                               "Well that was fast, why aren't you like this every morning?"

                               Samantha looked at Luna with a face that said I am in no mood right now. Without a word Luna put the car in reverse and backed out of the driveway.

                               "So what happened to you yesterday? You went to the nurse halfway through lunch and came back an hour later." Samantha remembered yesterday and what happened between her and John, instead of telling Luna what really happened she came up with a quick and easy lie. "The nurse said I had a fever and she wanted me to lay down for a little while before going back to class." 

                              "Oh, I got a little worried there for a second. So how are you felling now?"

                              "I'm felling OK, I just have a small headache." Samantha answered rubbing her head.

                              A few minutes later they pulled into the school parking lot and parked close to the doors.

                            "Did we ever tell you about when that kid bumped into Josh in the lunch room yesterday?" Luna asked trying to break the silence.

                            "Yes you did."

                            "What is up with you? You're all mopy, why are you so mopy? If you don't answer me I'll get Sammy on you and you know what she does when you're mopy."

                            "I'm just a little tired is all, don't worry I'll be fine." Samantha and Luna walked into the school and right when they walked in Sammy hollered their names and was waving her arms around like she was a maniac. 

                                   "Well, look who got hold to the energy drinks again." Luna said laughing as Sammy was walking over.

                                   "I didn't get hold to any energy drinks I just put to much sugar in my coffee." Sammy replied while jumping up and down. "So what's up?"

                                  "Oh nothing Samantha is just being mopy and you're being to hyper and drinking to many energy drinks to make it through the day, but other than that everything is just peachy-keen."

                                  "Like I said it's not energy drinks I just put to much sugar in my coffee!"

                                  "Hey guys I'm gonna run to the restroom I'll be right back."

                                  "Okay, don't take to long class starts in ten minutes!" Sammy screamed as Samantha walked away.

                                  When Samantha was walking through the hall she kept thinking about yesterday and what happened between her and John. At the thought of it she started blushing and a few seconds later she bumped into someone.

                                "God, what is with all the bumping into people?!" When Samantha looked up she saw John standing in front of her and started to back away to run but before she could John grabbed her arm.

                                "Samantha please don't run I need to talk to you." Samantha looked at John nervously. "Look about yesterday I didn't mean to make you feel awkward...." Samantha interrupted him before he got what happened yesterday mixed up.

                               "No John, it was my fault....I wasn't thinking...." John interrupted her before she could finish her sentence. "Look I don't care if you weren't thinking. The first time I laid eyes on you I knew there was something about you that I liked." Before John could see Samantha blushing she turned her face.

                              "I figured I would get this kind of reaction."

                              "Actually you didn't make me feel awkward." Samantha put her hand on Johns neck and pulled him in for a kiss.

                              "I uh.... didn't expect that kind of reaction either." John said blushing and rubbing the back of his neck where Samantha put her hand.

                              "I was going to ask you a question but I think I already have the answer for it."

                              "I think you do to." Samantha said with a sly smile on her face. "Well I better get back to my friends before they come looking for me."

                             "I think they already found you." John said pointing behind Samantha. She turned around and saw Luna and Sammy standing with their jaws hanging open. "Well I have some explaining to do, I'll see you. in second period."                              "Alright,um see ya." John leaned in and kissed Samantha.

                             "Oh by the way, just call me Sam." Samantha walked over to Sammy and Luna. The look on her face told them not to say a word, but they looked beyond the look she gave them and started asking questions and making crazy statements.                         

                             "Well, well, well look who's going out with the klutzy new kid." Luna said laughing.

                             "So I take it you two literally just started going out." Sammy said, acting like everything was normal.

                            "Yes, and class starts in three minutes."

                            "CRAP!" Luna hollered and she started running to her homeroom with Samantha and Luna following her.

                           When homeroom and first period ended it was time for the girls to break apart. Samantha arrived at her second period class and stood in the doorway until John walked up behind her, scaring her.

                           She let out a yelp. "JERK!" Samantha hollered

                          "Awww did I scare someone?" John asked. laughing.      

                          "I WILL get you back!!" John kissed Samantha and they both walked into the class room. Since there were no assigned seats John sat next to Samantha. When they sat down a guy walked over to Samantha and John. The boy was mainly looking at John when he walked toward them.

                          "What are you doing kissing my girlfriend?" The boy asked angrily. John looked at Samantha hoping she would give him an explanation.

                          "Jake we're not going out anymore, we broke up six months ago."  

                          "You two know each other?" John asked confused.

                          "Yeah she's my girlfriend." 

                          "No I'm not Jake we broke up because of the stupid decisions you made." 

                          "It's my decision whether we brake up or not Sam and right now as I put it we haven't broken up."

                          "Whoa dude you don't control her, she can make her own decisions, you don't have to make them for her."

                          "Who are you talking to pretty-boy?" Jake said with more anger in his voice.

                          "I'm talking to you dude, you don't control a girl like that especially when I see it." Before John knew it he felt a pain in his jaw from Jake punching him, John threw back a punch and a fight started.



© 2013 minnie:)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

175 Views
Added on May 3, 2013
Last Updated on May 15, 2013


Author

minnie:)
minnie:)

griffin, Georgia



About
My name is Minnie, I'm 15 years old, I've been writing since 4th grade and I have loved every second of it. I write about anything, mostly what pops into my head. I hope to get some of my stories publ.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by minnie:)


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by minnie:)


First Sight First Sight

A Book by minnie:)