To you, who I talk to.

To you, who I talk to.

A Story by Mira

Seven long years have passed and still now, I simply send texts to you.

I fell in love on seeing you on the first day but today I realized, I am in love with an idea of being replied to.

You don’t text.

I do.

You reply.

I love that.

Seven long years, and yet I don’t remember standing in front of you and having a conversation.

I never heard you laugh at my jokes. 

But I heard you laugh with someone else and I imagine that smiling face of yours when I see the laughing emojis and XD’s.

We argued once or twice…remember?

But I have never seen you angry in real life.

So, it’s a bit hard to imagine, how you look like when you are angry.

Do you frown? Do you press your lips so hard that it becomes a thin line?

I would love to know.

I have seen you in love with someone.

I would love you to look at me that way, with that love in your eyes, but that’s probably something which will never happen.

I don’t know what kind of a person you are in reality, even though we have been under the same roof for seven years.

How long will this go?

But its admirable and to some extent foolish to realize that we have carried on in the same way for seven years.

How will it be on the eighth?

Will we meet and have a conversation face to face or will this online conversation end?

Do I love you?

Or do I love an illusion that has your face?

© 2022 Mira


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Goodness! I wasn't expecting this write to end that way. Very well done. However very sad too.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mira

1 Year Ago

Thank you for your feedback.

Sometimes, there is beauty in certain sadness.
Franky

1 Year Ago

I'd like to see a sequel.
Mira

1 Year Ago

I'd try to write one.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 31, 2022
Last Updated on December 31, 2022

Author

Mira
Mira

About
A confused happily depressed blob still trying to figure what to do with the monsters residing in her body. more..

Writing
A Rainy Day A Rainy Day

A Poem by Mira


Solitude Solitude

A Poem by Mira


You and I--Part 2 You and I--Part 2

A Story by Mira