Three Worlds

Three Worlds

A Story by Mirna
"

This is about my grandmother who recently passed away , and so I just somehow ended up writing this.

"

She had that kind of voice that coated the walls with warmth and happiness. Not just the walls, but also the floors and the air and your mind. When she’s around, you forget about everything. You forget about the world, the worries, the sorrows. It somehow felt like you were in this other place, this place that doesn’t quite look similar to your own world. Your world is far different, far sadder and soulless. Your days were like circles of routine, a circle that carried you to different times and places and leaves you reeling by the end of the first turn. But when you finally arrive to her place, her world, everything becomes better and clearer. You would see life in a different light, different thoughts and eyes. You would feel much happier, and more alive.

 

I’m not sure where this world exists anymore. There’s staleness in the air when I wake up, like someone had come overnight and sucked all of the emotion out of the room, out of the house, out of the world. I go through it all, the usual circle�" get dressed, have breakfast, pack bags and drive to school. Somehow, this circle in your life never changes; it just continues to drag you along with it, ignoring what goes on in the other world. And no matter how hard you try, you never bother to change or even stop it. You’re connected to it with wires and chains that are constantly moving, like a never-ending machine, a never-ending cycle.

I walk past people and it’s like I’m invisible, not physically, but emotionally. I still exchange hellos and smiles, and tell them to have a good day with goodbyes. But they never find out. They never find out about the tragic that has happened in my own world, or perhaps �" the other world. And still, I never bother to tell them, or even show the sorrow I had piled up in my heart. I just go with it, following this never-ending circle with people that I only see within its line, never knowing what happens in their own world either, their real world.

 

Maybe I lost it, or I just can’t seem to get it back. I can’t get back this other world that exists outside the circle. She was the one that brought it into my life, the one that diverted me into this better world that has no chains or wires connected to it, just love. But when she left, when her body entered the underground instead of the door, everything left with her too. She carried everything with her- hope, comfort, warmth and the world. She was like the boat that carried all the family’s emotions, and then sailed off with no signal or alarm. I miss her. I miss her smile and the sound of her laughter and her kind heart. I miss how her eyes would explode into tears louder than a volcano each time I enter through the door of her house. It was like entering another world, the real world that everyone has outside their circle. Mine was inside her house. Her house that evaporated every bit of sadness and sorrow into the air, and we were surrounded by the comfort of her eloquent stories and gentle smiles.

 

But maybe I didn’t actually lose it, or it just takes time to find it again. Although she took many things with her (a lot of things) but perhaps �" it wasn’t everything. One thing she didn’t take was her memories. The memories that still rush inside my head at any time of the day, pulling tears from my eyes as they remind me of her gentleness and love. They’re still here, these recorded videos and images in my head of her pushing me into a slide or tying up my hair with a bowtie. They’re still here, still living inside me. She didn’t take with her the life lessons and stories that embroidered my mind with her wisdom and grace. She didn’t take all that, they still live inside me, still marked on the walls of my skin. And somehow, all these memories and stories would connect me back to her world, the better world. Although her presence is not in it, but the memories are. And I would suddenly feel happier and alive and content. Although she took her smiles and voice and energy, she left memories. And that’s enough. As through these memories, I will be able to create a world similar to hers. A world that will direct me to the next one she is in, the one that is far better and peaceful and beautiful than any other world in life.

The real world.

 

© 2013 Mirna


Author's Note

Mirna
it's not a story but there was no other choice in the 'type' option so there you go.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your personality seems to show itself in your writing I see.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mirna

10 Years Ago

Haha indeed :) thanks for stopping by to read x
wow this one really touched my heart because I know exactly how you feel. I felt every single word. I hope that, unlike me, this wasn't a true story. Because I already lived through it and it was really hurtful. About the writing itself, it is amazing as usual. I suggest you work more on your punctuation and then you will be ready to start working on your big book. :) good luck, keep writing, you're really talented. I look forward to read more of your work soon...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mirna

10 Years Ago

It is actually a true story, but it's fine because I was able to get myself back together after it. .. read more
I loved it very much my dear friend made me think about my best friend passed on was telling you about, And you just gave a reminder as to what to do and how to see:) Memories are everything and no they didn't take that with them good point there ,That open my eyes up:) Your so awesome my dear friend:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


0000000000000000000000000000

10 Years Ago

Your welcome my dear friend, I am glad you see things in me that others will never see,I gain a frie.. read more
Mirna

10 Years Ago

same to you too jon:) xxx
0000000000000000000000000000

10 Years Ago

Thank you Sis:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 6, 2013
Last Updated on October 6, 2013
Tags: Writing, Death, Heaven, World, Life

Author

Mirna
Mirna

Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates



About
I am a writer who is shy yet courageous, humble yet loud, wanting to break out of my shell and reach people and tell them we have the same problems, the same fears, the same hopes, and the same loves,.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..