The origin of a universe

The origin of a universe

A Story by Mirna
"

I finally met my father after long months of not seeing him, so I wrote this.

"

“Humans, are creatures that forget the most vital things too easily, and too fast.”

--

The gates of the airport were opened and all the emotions in the world were huddled into this one place, where families and relations meet once again. I saw them all - the cries, the laughter and the smiles. It felt like the earth had shrunk in size and there was nothing else more alive in it than this moment. This moment, where everyone’s memories, vital memories, are laminating the air with the scent of jasmine. Except not like jasmine, but like hope and love and delight. And jasmine. I saw the grandfather burying his grandson in his chest, as if he was a seed that would plant something wonderful, something beautiful inside him that would nourish his soil with joy and hope. I saw the lover carrying the roses with his shaking hand, a hand that wrote me a letter about the hours it had spent exercising till it could hold the roses firmly. I saw the face of a father glued to the window with eyes like a torch shining light to detect his family from the crowd. I heard the laughter and the conversations and the jokes that, although were ordinary, inflated a balloon of happiness into the air.


Later, I saw a young girl getting carried by invisible butterflies and straight into the arms of her father. They created some kind of spirit, an emotion, a feeling that swelled an entire universe around them. And the universe would shoot its stars into my eyes and remind me of the previous universe I had with my father. The universe, which I created with him when I was young, when his hugs were more important than having a new clothing or a doll. And it hurt me, it really did. I didn’t realize it. I didn’t realize how many days and hours and years had passed without his immense hugs filling our universe with new stars and planets. Our universe has become bland and dull, as if a black hole had swallowed all the exquisiteness and milky ways that carried our emotions and memories. I didn’t understand how one can forget so easily, how a change of time or place can blur the events that had occurred in the past and leaves you with an empty universe longing for stars and planets, longing for love. Although I remember many things, like the dates of the Cold War and the formulas in economics and the reactivity series, but they aren’t the most important. I’ve forgotten the main thing, the main vessel that would embellish my universe with beauty and hope and love. The universe that would enlighten my days with its stars and galaxies. The universe, which carries my emotions and memories with my close ones, with my father, with him. I want it back. I want to feel his warmth again, I want to get closer even when he’s miles away. I want to tie a rope that would connect me with him wherever he goes and stays, I want him to stay with me, I want our universe back.


I saw him standing at the corner, with a big smile and a wave that exerted a force which pushed everyone out of the way. I remembered the little girl, and then ran towards him, hoping that my legs would ripple stars and planets to our universe once again. He looked at me, with shocked yet beaming eyes. He never expected it, or I guess �" he had probably forgotten as well. I didn’t care what age I was, what my height was or how different I became since the last hug, it didn’t matter. I threw myself in his arms and I felt the creation of a spirit, an emotion, a universe. A universe created from its origin, from love. I remembered it. I had the memory still inside me, but sometimes, we humans choose to repress things, to forget the most vital details as more of them rush in our minds. And it felt real, it felt better than remembering any of the equations or rules or formulas you learn at school, I felt whole again.


“I love you.” I said.

He looked at me, still shocked, still astonished yet his smile was bigger than all the oceans combined.

“Ah, It’s been a while since you’ve told me this before.”

“Yeah,” I sighed, “It took me a while to remember.” 

© 2013 Mirna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What other universe or God is better if not the love... greatly expressed and your words are definitely magic, you weave them with gold it seems. :)
Loved it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mirna

10 Years Ago

I don't have great confidence in my work so hearing compliments like that means a lot, thank you :)x.. read more
New Theory

10 Years Ago

You are welcome, What I wouldn't give if I could write verses like those.
I loved it Mirna, I saw and felt a lot, I saw a Father but idk to call it human form or Godly form, Because with all the images were said felt like a Godly Father to me:) and btw that's a lot love for a Father, I am proud of you always I love reading all your work when I can. You hold a light within my dear friend:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mirna

10 Years Ago

You don't know how much these comments mean to me, you're so kind :) and yes, you can relate to a Go.. read more
0000000000000000000000000000

10 Years Ago

Yes I know how much it means ,but when I speak I speak in my heart you know that already:) I thought.. read more
Wow, how do u do that? It's really touching....

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mirna

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 11, 2013
Last Updated on October 11, 2013
Tags: Love, Humans, Universe, Faith, Writing

Author

Mirna
Mirna

Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates



About
I am a writer who is shy yet courageous, humble yet loud, wanting to break out of my shell and reach people and tell them we have the same problems, the same fears, the same hopes, and the same loves,.. more..

Writing