Loose Ends

Loose Ends

A Story by Tucker
"

Short story made off the random words I read in a book, "Loose Ends".

"
     I sat in the shade of the treeline, gazing out upon the lush meadow of grass that summer had delivered. The trees waved ever so gently in the cool breeze as their leaves rustled softly and soothingly.
     I lay on my back, gazing up at the warm blue sky that peeked through the tree branches with every gust of wind thrown at me.
     High up in the trees swayed a little plank of wood, dangling carefree on the old ropes.
     In this secluded paradise I lay, thinking about all the years I'd spent on that swing.
     That swing was my escape from reality, reachable only by climbing the tree; so high out of reach.
     With every thought of frustration, anger, or depression on the years, I clambered up the gnarled bark of the tree trunk to sit and think and sort out the loose ends in my life.
     Now, after all these years, when the loose ends were finally coming together to form my life, the ropes of my sacred swing had grown old and worn.
     In my obsolete paradise, the loose ends of my swing had dropped me the fifty feet to the hard ground below.
     As my head lay over the rock on which it landed, my blood rushed out to water my tree.
     Feint and dizzy, in my faraway paradise, where so many happy memories had long resided, not a soul but the whispering winds could hear me scream as I fell. Only the whispering wind could hear my cries of pain, confusion, and shock.
     My agonized cries shattered the crystal air of my relaxing paradise.
     As my blood watered my tree, I lay upon the ground, watching the blue, sunshiney sky play peek-a-boo with me through the branches, and listening to the gentle breeze sing a sweet lullaby, ebbing me into a calm sleep.
     But most of all, as I thought about how the loose ends of my life were just tying together, I watched the loose ends of the ropes of my swing unravel above me, waving me into oblivion, and waving farewell.

© 2010 Tucker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on February 17, 2010
Last Updated on October 26, 2010

Author

Tucker
Tucker

Canada



Writing
Love is You Love is You

A Poem by Tucker