Chapter Eleven: Hello Lucifer

Chapter Eleven: Hello Lucifer

A Chapter by mlcamp

Skay
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I walk down the stairs after Nick, already pretty sure that I know who showed up. This is insanely bad timing. My mind immediately flies back to the kiss Beth and I had shared. Maybe it's actually good timing. That kiss should have never happened, don't get me wrong I loved every bit of it, but there is no way she and I can ever get involved.
 I can already feel myself caring too much for her. She's been through so much and a part of me just wants to protect her from anything else that comes her way. I can't though, it's just not in the cards for us. But she doesn't know that, I haven't told her nearly half of the things she needs to know, so I'm going to have to be the one to create a little distance between us. Ugh, that's going to suck when all I want to do is go back to her.
I shake these confusing thoughts away when I see my visitor in the living room. 
"Skay, good to see you old friend," Lucifer clasps his hands together as he says this. This is definitely not a good thing to be happening with Beth just upstairs. 
"I'm a little busy right now, but I suppose you could make an appointment with me later," I say coldly. Lucifer and I have a very complicated relationship, one that I really don't feel like explaining to Beth right now. God knows that there's so much I need to explain to her, but I just can't broach these subjects yet.
He chuckles at this, his eyes flashing playfully. All of the sudden my entire body is seized and unable to move. 
You forget that I own you. Your time, money, life. Every single breath you take, I grant. It'd do you well to remember that. I struggle to breathe until he finally lets me go grinning. 
"Ahh, I always love our little visits. I just wanted to make sure you weren't getting too comfy with your situation right now," He flashes his cat-like smile again at this. "You see, I will find a way around that pesky prophecy." I shoot a death-glare at him. 
"You're a fool if you think that fate can be altered, what was prophesied will happen. Everyone with half a brain in our world knows that. You'll never control the realm again like you once did because you'll never have access to her powers,"  I grin like a Cheshire cat, "I made sure of that." 
His features stay playful, "Well I guess only time will tell. For now, I think I'd like to meet the girl that everyone is talking about." I hiss as he goes to head towards the stairs and grab his arm shoving him back. His head whips around to look at me, allowing me to see the demon lurking inside. His eyes are a violent red, resembling hellfires, his teeth sharp as a shark, and there's a shadow of horns on the top of his head. 
He growls and throws me back so that I hit the wall with a crunch. Nick rushes into the fight to grab Lucifer and throw him to the ground but immediately is frozen by Lucifer's magic. I admire Nick for trying because it gives me the chance to get up and to use my magic to throw Lucifer into the staircase. He growls and immediately hops up, slowly strolling closer to me. The look in his eyes is deadly. He dodges all of my magic defenses and grabs my neck picking me up from the floor. 
Dangling, I try to shove my hands against his chest and use my magic to throw him off. He grunts, fighting me and squeezing harder. 
"Hey, stop it!" I hear Beth's voice yell from the top of the staircase. 
Beth
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh my god, the scene before me is horrifying. Nick looks completely frozen in his place just like Skay did to me once, while Skay is pinned up against the wall by a man dressed in a completely black suit. Skay is the most powerful man I've ever met and he's being pinned down by someone. I'm so scared, but adrenaline takes over. 
They all whip their heads over to me the minute I hell those words. I raise up my hands and throw the man in the suit away from Nick with my powers. Wow, I've never felt anything like this before. With the cuffs off, I feel like I could quite literally do anything. Is this what drugs feel like? With the strange man now thrown off of Skay and frozen in the middle of the room, I can see him much better. 
He's undoubtedly gorgeous. His thick wavy black hair is styled back with a tiny bit of hair gel, and his jawline could probably cut me. While, yes he is extremely attractive, his other features are terrifying. He has what looks like a hint of two horns growing from out of the top of his head, super sharp gnashing teeth, and bat-like wings protruding from his back. I gasp as I meet his eyes, they're just like what I saw in my dream. Hellfires. Shaking I back up, my powers weakening immediately. 
In split second afterward, he starts heading up the stairs looking intently at me, "D-don't come any closer." I raise my shaking hands up threateningly. He rolls his eyes at me, not stopping his feet on the stairs.
"Please, I could squash you like a teeny tiny butterfly. Rip off your wings and watch you squirm until you die." I'm shaking but force myself to get a backbone. 
I roll my eyes back at him, "No disrespect sir, but I've had my wings off for a very long time. In fact, I destroyed my enemies with clipped wings. I'm quite curious about what you think I can and can't do though, considering the fact that I just got them back and all."
He raises his eyebrows, clearly intrigued. As we speak, his scarier features begin to fade, and he just looks like a mix between a mobster crime boss, and a biker that you wouldn't dare to cross in a dark alley, or really anywhere else. 
"Consider me interested, would you like to show me your wings by any chance?" He asks suggestively. 
"Why I'd love to," I smile sweetly as I shove my powers back at him, planning to send him tumbling down the staircase. He does go flying, but it's not downwards, it's up as he dodges my blast. He grins down at me. Game on. 
I direct another blast at him that he easily dodges. An animalistic noise comes out of me in frustration. His eyes glow at that welcoming a challenge if I have one to give. I let out all of the power I can muster and it sends him flying back... a few feet. I collapse to the floor feeling extremely light-headed and weak. 
"Oh dear, don't worry you'll get better," I promise. His voice echoes in my head as he sends a smug look over to Nick and Skay, releasing them from his frozen prison. He disappears with a puff of smoke. 
"Beth, Beth come on get up. Let me check if you're alright." Skay's shaking me, but I can't but to think of that man's eyes. That's where I'm going to end up. I just know it. It's what my old coven leader said in my dream, and what he did to prove it was pretty dang convincing. I burst into tears and bury my face into Skay' chest for comfort. 
He picks me up in his arms and sets me down onto the couch in the middle of the room. I moan in pain as he runs his hands up and down my arms, legs, back, and ribs looking for my broken bones. 
"You're fine, nothing's broken. You're probably going to be pretty sore after this though." I open my eyes and glare up at him. 
"Who was he Skay? What have you not told me?" I try not to let betrayal overtake my emotions, after all, I'm not an idiot, I knew he was hiding things. It still hurts though. 
"I'll explain everything soon enough, right now we need to get moving. We're going on a little road trip." My eyebrows shoot way up. 
"Why do you think I'm going to go anywhere with you until you tell me what I want to know?" 
"Why do you think that you have a choice?" I swallow hard and look away. Wow, that stung. I've begun to feel like I'm here of my own free will, and I've forgotten that I'm really not. Big time mistake, he clearly thinks he can control me, and he's not wrong. 
"Good point," I mutter. 
I gasp as he bounces me up in his arms to get a better grip, and then he uses his super speed to get us into my room. He sets me down gently onto my feet and opens up my closet to get what looks like a duffle bag out. He begins taking some shirts and skinny jeans off of their hangers and shoves them into the bag.  Opening up a drawer next to the closet, he starts packing my panties an bras. I go to stop him and ask what's going on, but he just whips around after zipping up the bag and grabs my arm to pull me out of the door and down the stairs. 
"What's going on Skay?" I demand while trying to yank away but just ending up hurting my arm even more. He just ignores me and drags me outside to what looks like a Mercedes Benz with Nick sitting in the driver's seat. 
"Get in," He says gruffly pushing me towards the back seat of the car. I glare back at him but still does as he says. He shoves my bag into the back seat after helping me in. It lands on top of two other smaller bags that I assume are his and Nick's.
"Go," he says irritatingly at Nick once he jumps into the passenger's seat. The car starts and I immediately feel sick to my stomach. I barely know these guys, and I just let them shove me into a car to take me god knows where. I sit there staring off into space feeling insanely overwhelmed. 
I try to go through today's events and make sense of them, but it's all too confusing. First, I told them all of my darkest secrets and had to deal with the emotional turmoil it causes me. Then, I got my cuffs removed, in between kissing, maybe, the sexiest man I've ever met. Oh, and I can't forget the fact that I think I may have just met the devil. I shuddering and wrap my arms around myself. 
"Umm, guys where are we going?" I ask after a minute or two to hopefully give Skay a chance to cool down. 
"We're going to see a friend of mine to help with something we need to work on," Skay answers me sounding tired and irritated. 
"Can I get more details, please? Also was that guy who I think he is?" I play with my hands consumed by my confusion. 
"Who do you think he was?" 
"It sounds dumb, I know, but is he like the devil?" I ask immediately feeling like an idiot. I know he's probably not someone as infamous as the devil, but it's just his eyes. Those eyes seemed to contain all of my pain and shine it back at me in the form of hellfires. It reminded me of the complete agony I felt in my dream the other night. 
Skay takes a deep, tired breath, "Beth, don't freak out, okay? You're right, he's the closest thing this world has to a devil. He goes by Lucifer." I look up at the rear-view mirror with surprised, wide eyes. I find Skay staring at me watching my reaction closely. 
"What I don't understand is, how'd you know what he was Beth?" I shake my head, not wanting to tell him about how I think I'm destined for hell. While I don't know that for sure, I think that's what my dream was trying to tell me. The pain I felt was way to real, and after killing all of those people, it's not that long of a long-shot. 
"No, you don't get to ask any questions before I get mine answered. You've left me in the dark for too long." I take a deep breath, "So how do you know him?" 
He groans in frustration while driving his hands through his hair.  "Fine, but don't tell me that I didn't warn you. You're definitely not going to like my answer... He's the reason I've been able to live as long as I have. We made a deal, and he granted me immortality."
"So you really did make a deal with the devil?" I exclaim, "Wait, what'd he get from the deal? And why did you make the deal?" Nick has stayed quite the entire conversation, only to now give Skay what looks like a warning glance. 
"What?! What am I missing?" I shout at them exasperated. 
"We'll tell you all in due time, but now is too soon," Nick says breaking his silence. His face is a blank sheet as he reaches back to grab my leg. I flinch back frightened and confused. 
"Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you. You just need some rest and Skay and I need to have a discussion... in private." A second later I'm blacking out, falling into a deep sleep. 


© 2018 mlcamp


Author's Note

mlcamp
How you enjoyed! The comment section is always welcome for reviews! Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

322 Views
Added on September 8, 2018
Last Updated on September 10, 2018
Tags: Super natural, Romance, Young Adult, Magic, witches


Author

mlcamp
mlcamp

KY



Writing
Chapter Twelve Chapter Twelve

A Chapter by mlcamp