4. Invisible

4. Invisible

A Chapter by tabile

I saw Sofia outside this morning. Her head was tilted upwards, trying to see through my bedroom window. I didn't even waste any time to dash outside, welcoming the cold sun.

"Sofia!" I cried, never being so happy to see a stranger until now.

She seemed quite shaken by my energy, but at least she didn't run away. "Wh-What is it?"

"Where were you yesterday?" I whined. I didn't know why I felt so close to her. It must have been because I've seen her in Lucas' past, watched her with her spunky personality.

Sofia didn't answer my question and, instead, averted her eyes. Feeling the sudden awkwardness manifest, I added, "I finally saw him. His name's Lucas, right? Blonde hair, exact same colour as mine, right? No wonder you look so sad when you see m""

She cut my babbling short by charging into my house. It surprised me that she knew exactly where she was headed: my bedroom. One good push on the door, and she was wrapped by the paleness of my room. Her eyes wandered, roving over everything, and then her shoulders sagged.

"Lucas?" She was reluctant, as if she doubted Lucas would actually show up. "Lucas, it's Sofia. Remember your promise?" She sniffled, and tears spilled from her eyes like crystals. Desperation was written all over her face. "I've been waiting for you all this time," Sofia whispered.

Then Lucas appeared.

His head hovered over Sofia's, and his arms were tucking her into a big embrace. He was crying, repeatedly saying something like, "Sorry, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He was raining kisses on Sofia, so tenderly and passionately as if he hadn't done so in years, but something wasn't right in the picture.

"Lucas? Where are you? Please show yourself to me," Sofia kept on saying.

So I told her, "Don't you see him?"

Her spun around, asking wildly, "Where?"

Lucas planted one kiss on Sofia's head, and a tear rolled down his cheek before he faded away. Sofia's persistence also faded. I asked her, "How could you not see him? He was right there with you."

She looked at me with sad eyes.


© 2012 tabile


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on March 28, 2012
Last Updated on March 30, 2012


Author

tabile
tabile

Canada



Writing
Racing Breeze Racing Breeze

A Poem by tabile


Free Falling Free Falling

A Poem by tabile