The Beginning

The Beginning

A Chapter by Elyona

            I lift up my messenger bag and placed it over my shoulder. I put on my shoes and headed out of the house to school. Rachel ran after me. She was a cheerleader at the high school we attend. I was in my senior year as she was in her freshman year. On the day of orientation, the cheerleaders of our school had tryouts and Rachel made it. She was always the angel in our family. I was always the one who was silent. Rachel followed me and talked to me explaining all about how cheerleading practice will be perfect and such. I ignored her as I usually did when I had to walk her to her middle school. Once we arrived at the school, Rachel rushed off to her cheerleading friends that she made. As always, I didn’t have many friends. I had only two friends, one friend who comes into school whenever she liked, the other friend who was one of the popular guys. In our school, the popular guys were actually the soccer players. At most schools, they would be the football players. The friend who comes to school whenever she liked is named Hazel. She had a different set of friends other than me and Mr. Popular in our group of friends. The popular friend of mine is named Ryan. He usually hung out with the other soccer guys and sometimes the football guys but he still hung out with me at times. Today, as I walked into the school, seemed like a total lone day of me. Ryan was with the popular guys. Hazel was with her friends who also ditched class whenever possible. I headed to my locker and opened it. A piece of paper fell out and I read it, “Miss Kate Brenin, please report to the principal’s office as soon as you finish reading this.”

            I stared at the paper and flicked it as it caught on fire and incinerated into ashes. I sighed and grabbed the books I needed for my classes. I looked around and found people staring at me. I then headed towards the principal’s office. I went inside to find the principal, a guy, and a female adult. I walked in and the principal said, “Kate, thank you for coming in. This is Mrs. Gringor and her son, Alirex Gringor.”

            “My name is not Alirex. It’s Rex.” the guy said.

            “Well, that matters not. Kate, you will be taking Rex to his classes. You’ll show him around the school and everything else.”

            “Of course, principal.” I said. The principal handed me his schedule. I examined it and said, “Let’s leave now, Rex.”

            We left the principal’s office and I led him to our first class. I went through the first day of school perfectly fine even though I had to take a new guy around. Lunch was easy as it always was. All I did for lunch was not eating. Rex was still following me so I had him get something to eat and eat it. We somehow arrived to our last class for the day. I sat in a seat and Rex sat next to me not knowing that to do. The teacher started talking and teaching us about mythical beings, supernatural beings, and all other beings of the sort. I looked around when the bell rang for the first day of school to be over. Rex stood and looked at me as I prepared to leave. Once I was ready, I left the classroom. Rex followed me and I looked at him as we arrived to the door of the school building. Rex didn’t move since I stood at my spot. I sighed and started walking home. Hazel had already left to walk home. Ryan seemed to be hanging with the same group of people and with the cheerleaders. My sister already became friends with Ryan. I sighed as I passed them. Rex attracted the attention of all the cheerleaders. They all stared after him in awe. I continued to walk towards my home as he caught up to me and walked at my side. Rachel glared at me and Ryan looked at me in an expression I couldn’t tell. I looked at them then at Rex and said, “Why are you following me?”

            “Can’t we hang out before we actually grow far apart?”

            “Are you kidding me? We are already far apart. We know nothing of each other and you can practically join the pops group.”         

            “The pops group?”

            “The popular crowd.”

            We arrived at my house. I looked at Rex and said, “Are you going to follow me no matter where I go?”

            “Pretty much.”

            “Stay out here for a bit. I’m going to change and then I’m going to go into town.”

            I ran into my house and up to my room in an instance. I changed my clothes into a tank and mini-skirt. I placed on my combat boots and grabbed a black trench coat like jacket. I wore the jacket and grabbed a few necessities that I needed as in my keys, wallet, cell phone, etc. I then went back downstairs to find Rex and Rachel talking. Rachel laughed at whatever Rex said. They stood on the other side of the front door. I opened the door to find Rachel glaring at me and Rex looking at me. Rachel looked at my clothes in disgust and entered the house, as I left it, while saying, “Don’t dress like a s**t. It makes me look bad.”

            The door closed behind Rachel. I looked at Rex and he said, “You don’t look like a s**t. Don’t worry.”

            “I don’t really need your opinion.”

            I walked towards the town just to see the soccer team walking out of a book store while laughing. I walked past them as Ryan turned to look at me. Ryan then said, “Kate?”

            I turned to him and smiled. I headed to a bar just a few stores away. I stood in line as it was already 8:00 pm. Rex looked at me with a weird expression and said, “Why are you lining up here?”

            “Yeah, why are you?” Ryan asked.

            I looked at the two of them and smiled saying, “Well, I need to meet someone here. Not that it is the business of you two.”

            I walked to the bouncer at the door and flashed him my fake ID. Rex and Ryan both followed after me and showed the bouncer their fake IDs. I didn’t even know they had one. Rex found me right away so, Ryan followed after Rex. I sat down at a table where a group of guys were sitting at. I smiled at them and they smiled back. Rex stayed behind Ryan. Ryan looked at the group of guys and said, “Kate, why are you sitting with them?”

            “My business. Why don’t the two of you go have some fun while I deal with this.”

            Rex pulled Ryan away and they went to get some drinks. I looked at the leader of the group and said, “Hey Erik. Tell me, how are your weres?”

            “You just brought one who is not in my group…”

            “Which one?”

            “The one that dragged the other away. The one that wasn’t talking.”

            “Oh. So, how are yours?”

            “They aren’t doing too well. I need some medicines for them.”

            “They’re sick?!”

            “Sort of.”

            “Did you bring them?”

            “They’re in the forest. I can’t bring them. You know that.”

            “True. Okay. I’ll go check on them tomorrow night. Is that soon enough?”

            “It’s good.”

            “Okay.”

            I stood and went to where Rex and Ryan stood. I smiled at them and said, “Let’s leave this place.”

            I left the bar and the two followed me. I turned to them as we exited and said, “You two should head home.”

            I ran back home leaving the two of them there hoping that they go home safely. I opened the door to our house to find my parents eating dinner with my sister. I sighed and went up to my room skipping dinner. I opened the door to my room and took out the sacred necklace that my grandmother gave me. I turned around and closed the door to my room and placed the necklace around my neck. I took out the spell book that was in my grandmother’s hands. I thought back to what she said:

 

      “Your mother knows nothing of your powers and such. The powers only go to one child of the each family and they skip a generation. So I have the same powers as you. But your mother knows nothing of it. If I die early, you can keep my many journals during my life so you can learn about your powers. I am the only one you can talk to about your powers and the such. Never talk to your mother about it. She doesn’t know anything. Neither will your children but your grandchildren will have it. Take care of these necklaces and these two spell books. They are sacred items that can never be lost.” my grandmother said.

      “But grandma, why doesn’t mother know about it?” I said.

      “She’ll freak out. Now be careful and take these in your hands. Never let them go away from you. Always keep it with you. You will learn all sorts of healings and all sorts of curses. Use it for good. Don’t use it for evil.”

      She gives me two spell books the size of a normal diary but with much more pages. On top of the two spell books were two necklaces, one with an amethyst while the other with a rose quartz crystal. I looked at the four objects and looked back at my grandmother. She smiled and my mother called out for me. I looked at the four objects again and my grandmother took it and placed it in an old messenger bag. I placed the messenger bag over my shoulder and ran to my mother yelling, “Coming, mother!”

 

            I touched the two spell books and the two necklaces I wore. One necklace, which I can wear about anywhere and the other, which I can only wear when trying a spell or remembering something from the past. I stared at the spell books and placed them away back into my messenger bag for school. I took off the amethyst necklace for spells and remembrance. I placed the amethyst necklace into a box and also placed that in my school bag. I changed my clothes and went to sleep.



© 2010 Elyona


Author's Note

Elyona
Ignore any grammar problems and please review

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Why doese it seem like she goese to a magical school?
You wrote-
"The teacher started talking and teaching us about mythical beings, supernatural beings, and all other beings of the sort."
Wouldn't it be a magical school not normal school considering your learning about mythical beings?
Plus-
"I stared at the paper and flicked it as it caught on fire and incinerated into ashes. I sighed and grabbed the books I needed for my classes."


Posted 13 Years Ago


It's a normal school just to tell you. The main character is a witch so she's able to use spells and the such. The teacher is talking about mythical beings and the such because that is an English Class and their on the mythology unit.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This chapter was good, but I had a hard time understanding if she goes to a magical school. Anyways this piece is good.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
3 Reviews
Added on November 23, 2010
Last Updated on November 23, 2010


Author

Elyona
Elyona

About
I am 21 years old. I am definitely a girl. I am someone who likes to write stories. Though I don't know what genre I'm writing. I really like to write. Although I don't know what my future has in stor.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Elyona