Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Betrayal

Betrayal

A Chapter by Missy
"

The King advances on Nadia, Sharif makes a surprising stop

"

Sharif didn’t know what to think. He couldn’t believe what he had just gotten himself into. A plot to destroy the king he could be hanged or beheaded, he wanted no part in any of this further. So he got back on the road and rode faster than before he had to get this letter back to Drerry and pretend that he’d never seen it. He feared that if he was ever found out he would still be killed. Only one person would believe him. He hated himself forever for betraying Drerry, but Drerry would have to understand. He changed the direction of his horse to head toward Maleio he was going to visit the king.

 

Maleia: Maleio

 

            In the king’s castle sat Nadia on the edge of a bed looking toward the windows hoping one day she’d get the courage to leap from it. That would never happen, mainly because she was on the highest floor of the castle. The room was exquisitely beautiful and fit for a queen. It was all massive and had gold platting on the door frame, windows and the bed. The sheets matched the curtains they appeared to be a red silk that went on forever and was soft to the touch. She was given beautiful clothes and access to her own bathroom, but still was not let out of this room for several days. She hadn’t even seen the king since he killed her father and kidnapped her. She wondered for several days how long he would keep her locked in this room.

            Knock, knock, she arose suddenly to the sounds on the door. She didn’t speak to them even as for the first time she saw the knob turning and suddenly opening. She got up quickly stepped as far back as she could. There he stood the King. He walked in further and was quickly taken aback by the sight of her beauty. She had a caramel complexion lighter than her fathers. She had auburn wavy hair that hung along the sides of her ample breast. Her eyes were a golden hazel that would trap any mans gaze. The King was definitely caught in her gaze and from that second on began to see her in a whole new light. Before today he saw her as a mere child in reality he was only a decade older than she. She saw the look he was giving her as she had seen it before and turned her eyes toward the arched windows hoping he would go away. The King was so caught off by her beauty that he didn’t know what to say he tried to remember the night he saw her but he was so overcome with rage he could not remember her beauty then. He walked over to the windows and Nadia went to the other side of the wall adjacent to them, now puzzled as to what he was up to. He let the sun shine in on them and Nadia looked as pure as an angel. She had decided to wear a white dress this morning. White was always her mother’s favorite shade. The dress seemed made for her as it perfectly curved the sides of her breast while revealing some cleavage in front. It folded just right underneath them hugging the sides of her waist and than overflowing just below her hips. She was one of a kind he thought. He walked toward her and she ran for the door it would not open and when she turned around he was only inches from her.

            “Let me go you-you animal”, she screamed in annoyance and sorrow. This was the man who killed her parents.

            He understood her resentment except for his insides was starting to burn with desire for her. He had to own her. “My dear I feel we’ve gotten off to an awful start. Let’s begin once more.” He said it to get under her skin. At this moment he had her fully pinned to the door and was rubbing his hands on her cheeks. He licked his lips and spoke; “My name in King Alexandre”.

            “I recognize who you are”, she screamed back trying to shove him away however his grasp remained attached and he ended up dragging her with him towards the bed. He could sense the fire within him it burned for her, reality of her being so near simply added extra fuel. He was currently about to toss her onto the bed when a knock arrived to the door. A guard entered the room taking in the view he asked for forgiveness straight away from the King.

            “Sire a messenger is at the gate declaring vital intelligence about Mokei.” King Alexandre sprung to his feet at the news pleased that something was finally going his way. He set in motion to stroll out the door before rotating to Nadia who was silent taking in the news and commanded her to come downstairs to greet the man with news about her father.

            Sharif had arrived to King Alexandre castle in Maleio, he planned to tell the King everything but decided instead that he’d keep the part about the scroll hidden to himself so he removed that part from the letter thinking it had nothing to do with the Kings affairs. The massive gates that held him at bay began to open and his horse galloped inside slowly. He at last arrived to the massive staircase that led inside the castle. A guard stood waiting to take his horse to the stables and he began his march inside terrified as if this were the last day he’d have to live. He got to the doors and they opened and he walked inside and was told to follow the guard there; he suddenly felt as if he was nothing more than a tiny fly. He was led all the way down the hall and left into a room. It was vast and long and at the end he could see the King sitting in his throne chair. He was a tall man around 6 ft 2in. He was built for a man nearing his thirtieth year. His rough brown eyes could terrify the life out of any man. His hair hung short on his head like little curls if you could see them that close. His yellow skin seemed a perfect fit in the gold chair that he sat in. He had guards to his left and right in their chainmail ware. His servants were in there clothes which appeared much worn. Yet he wore a robe that was of the best white fur at the top and the finest silks donned the black material as it hung from his broad shoulders. His pants were very fittingly but not overly tight and the shirt he wore was very tight showing off his manly muscles. The King was actually a very desirable man and for all intended purposes he knew it too.

            Sharif had stopped a small number of steps short of the altar that the King was located on. He had calmed down since the kings stress-free exterior somehow made him look like less of an intimidation to him. He felt comfortable.

            “I have news about Mokei”, he said just knowing this would put him in the kings good graces and he wouldn’t be in the middle of this mess. The king would trust his word he hoped.



© 2012 Missy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on August 17, 2012
Last Updated on August 17, 2012
Tags: king, throne, chainmail


Author

Missy
Missy

Lansing, MI



About
I want to be a writer. I write all day, everyday in case I'm working. more..

Writing
Ch. 1 Pretenses Ch. 1 Pretenses

A Chapter by Missy


A tortured soul A tortured soul

A Chapter by Missy