Fleeing the Castle

Fleeing the Castle

A Chapter by Missy
"

Nadia enlists and unwilling Sharif in her plan to escape

"

“Let’s hear it…this news”, King Alexandre said annoyed that he hadn’t got to the point yet. Just then Nadia walked in to the right of the king. Both the king and Sharif looked to her and both hearts skipped a beat.

            The king noticed Sharif looking and introduced her “this is Mokei’s daughter Nadia”, he gestured toward her as he spoke. Something happened inside of Sharif suddenly his voice didn’t want to work and his whole body felt heavy. It was her beauty he felt as if he knew her that he loved her before. He knew that if he continued telling the king he would hurt her and he didn’t want to do that.

            “Sir I think I may have been mistaken”, he had to get out of here. He couldn’t tell of Mokei’s treachery it would hurt her. His mind ran rampant with what the king would possible do to Nadia if he knew about her father.

            King Alexandre demeanor changed suddenly “don’t tell me you brought me away from my personal time for a mistake”, his guards began to close in on Sharif. Sharif handed him the note fearing he would have no mistake this was just too big for him. He ached for her and hoped she would forgive him. King Alexandre began to open the note and he was silent for what seemed like moments. He then folded the note and motioned with his index finger for one of his guards to come close.

             The guard nearest went towards the King and knelt down. “Yes sire”, spoke the guard.

            “Find this Drerry in town and kill him. He has conspired against me and I shall see him dead. Bring me his head. Take two men and get the job done”.

             The king arose angrily he was trying to keep on a straight face, but the anger burned behind those brown eyes. He walked toward Sharif and greeted him with a heroes welcome. Sharif had been silent and felt ready to throw up ever since he heard the mention of Drerry’s name he had completely forgotten to remove that part of the letter. Just then the king turned toward him and said he noticed that a piece was missing. Sharif denied any knowledge saying that Drerry was his friend and that would have been the only thing that he would’ve removed for the note. King Alexandre took him at his word seeing the squeamish face Sharif displayed since his longtime friend was going to be killed and it was his entire fault.

            King Alexandre turned back towards Nadia “Come” he said, “Come congratulate the man who found your fathers killer”, Nadia didn’t speak she knew who killed her father, but she did have words for Sharif. She walked the few steps down toward the level floor and moved toward Sharif as the King moved back toward his throne chair to take his seat.

            “What is your name?” she asked a waiting Sharif who didn’t yet know of his fate.             “Sha Sharif…Miss”, She nodded in acceptance then moved in closer to his ear so the king wouldn’t be able to hear. She pretended as though she was fixing his pack that hung on his back, but instead she told him the truth.

            “You are a fool” she said, “The king killed my father over a scroll he stole and Drerry was my fathers friend and I see your friend and you have sentenced him to death. I’m curious to know your purpose here. Since you have only accomplished death.”      Sharif’s entire color from his face faded. Just then he flew to his left after Nadia gave him a nice smack across the face and started screaming that he was a murderer. One of the guards retrieved her from Sharif who didn’t know it then but she had protected him. She saw the kings face and knew that in that moment if she didn’t think of something Sharif would be killed. Sharif arose to his feet the left side of his face still stinging but he didn’t blame Nadia he knew then just what a fool he had been. The king looked him over and invited him to dine at the castle in the oval room. Sharif initially tried to decline the offer, but the kings men were more than adamant meaning they would not let him leave the castle. He was directed to his quarters which were on the second floor of the castle and he was surprised it was his own room. A nice one much like the one Nadia had been living in. He too were stuck in his once the guards left the room. He would have enjoyed this setting if he didn’t have the memory of his friend dying envisioning his friend dying in different ways he allowed a few tears to fall down his cheek He hoped that Drerry would never know it was he who betrayed him.

            A few hours later a guard unlocked the door to the room he was staying and told him that supe(Sue-Pay) was ready, it was time to dine with the king. He felt awfully nervous as he began to make his way down the stairs to the left through the second door on the right which led to another hall way and the third door which was a double door had been the oval room. He was taken aback by the shape and decoration of the room. It was spectacular the paintings that appeared on the wall were all of extravagant nature even though not one showed a true picture they were all of a distorted image but somehow the beauty shown through. The glass windows directly across the doors seemed to also hold some distorted shapes that somehow fit altogether. He wondered if the window sills were put in later for effect. The floor had a nice marble effect to it standing on it made him feel like he was sitting in a pool of shiny gold pieces. He noticed two doors one to the left and another to the right. He could see the bright light to the right of him and the cooks standing there with no expression just ready to serve and finish their daily chores for the day. He noticed the king sitting at an enormous rectangular table fit for about fifty guests. He sat toward the right at the head of it.

            “Peculiar isn’t it”, King Alexandre said after seeing Sharif looking around the oval room. “I asked them for it to be round and somehow ended up with this. Everything in here feels right even though it’s wrong”, the king said motioning for Sharif to take a seat next to him. Sharif walked up and sat on the chair on the right closest to the king. Nadia walked in she had changed from the white dress she wore earlier to a more casually elegant dress. Her hair was twisted into a bun that wrapped around twice. Her dress still hugged her frame as most dresses would. This time it was red and looked slimmer on her than the previous one. This she chose specifically for tonight. Tonight she had a plan. She could sense both men’s eyes on her and followed their glances especially Sharif’s she didn’t want to lead him on because as of now she despised him but he was a part of the plan she had to make him believe in her. He was her only hope of leaving this palace. She took her seat on the left which was the kings right and placed her directly in front of Sharif.

            The king drew his right hand upward and a few fingers forward and just then the cooks came out with all kinds of delicacies. In the first platter there were several seafood samples for each of them. The second platter held more meat from a few different animals Nadia noticed the third platter to the right of her held every single fruit available. The fruit was the only platter Nadia chose to fill her plate with. While the guys chose from every single one. The conversations started off with the decorations where they were from just small talk. Nadia knew she had to get to Sharif so she started a more serious mode of communication with him.

            “So..where did you grow up?” She asked looking toward sharif while putting a red grape into her mouth. Sharif loved that she looked so beautiful eating he almost didn’t hear her question.

            “Um…I…um I grew up in Donyer (Don- ur). My parents were from Ereyci they moved away before I was born. Not much to tell really. My mother died when I was young so I have no memory of her. My father died in the last war and I survived on my own working in the fields. As I got older I met Drerry and then…”, his voice trailed off and he could no longer speak and they both knew why. She reached a foot further under the table and consoled him with it. He wasn’t expecting it and moved at first, but then came back when he looked up saw the look in her eyes that she didn’t find him disgusting. He was confused and relieved the same. The king missed the tender moment they shared and decided to give Sharif some comfort of his own

            “He was a friend I know, but he betrayed your king. I’m glad I can count on young men like you”.

            Sharif took it more like a blow to the stomach but nodded still. He decided to switch the subject he couldn’t think of Drerry now or he would never make the end of dinner. He grabbed a chicken thigh and turned to Nadia and said it was her turn. She hadn’t been expecting that from him so she was unsure if she wanted to answer. She made herself she knew the king would try something with her again so she knew he was her only escape in leaving.

            “I was born in Syceria although my family never really lived in town. My parents”, she began to speak softly remembering they were gone but somehow it gave her a bit of happiness to think of them and remember them as they were and not her last images or moments with them. “My parents”, she began again, “They were free spirits wanting to be one with nature. I was never really given meat as a child my mother was all about the natural things in life that didn’t have to be killed to be eaten. So I grew up with her philosophy. We lived out in the wilds and many animals didn’t really seem to bother us, mom always said because they knew they had nothing to fear from us. I remember mostly the lake” her eyes lit up. “The lake was so beautiful it was a sparkling blue almost as if a thousand sparkling jewels lay on its floor. There were no sea creatures that made up residence it was all ours and at night when the lights shadow appears it can be seen from the lake. It’s the best part of Maleio I always say”. She finished looking him in the eyes smiling. Sharif was so caught up in her features, her voice, the way she was he was falling in love. He’d never experienced anything like this before but he liked it he could stay forever with her. Nadia didn’t realize that Sharif didn’t need winning over she only needed to say when.

            As the dinner was winding down one of the guards knocked on the door. King Alexandre held up his left hand and a servant appeared from the kitchen and opened it. The guard stepped forward and King Alexandre arose from his seat to meet him.

            “Sire”, he spoke in a soft tone. “It is done”, he said as he bowed his head.

            “And the body”, the king inquired.

            “Right this way”, the guard replied and turned toward the door. King Alexandre began to walk out but just as he got to the door he turned toward Nadia and Sharif

            “It looks as though dinner is over. Sharif my guards will show you out when you are ready.” He walked away and told the guard still standing at the door to make sure that Nadia got back to her room and then the door shut.

            Nadia knew she had only mere minutes before the guards came in to separate her from Sharif she had to think fast. She got up and rounded the table and stood in front of Sharif.

            “Look I know I am only a stranger to you. You have to believe me though. The king killed my parents because of a scroll my father took. I have to get out of here. He will not let me go.” She looked down. “He even tried to be with me the other day. You’re going to help me because I’m coming with you.” He almost missed the last few words she had spoken as he was so taken with her beauty the way it seemed like light always seemed to be shining from her. She glowed like something he’d never seen before. She…

            “What”, he managed to say. “How am I going to sneak you out?”

            “Easy I can talk my way out.”

            “How are you going to do that?” He asked skeptically. She narrowed her eyes onto him.

            “Listen I can do it. The question is are you up for it?” He wanted to say no he wanted to leave her there. He was out of his league. This was the King she’s running from. This was the castle…the armed castle with armed guards. He was petrified, but as much as he wanted to say no. As much as he heard himself say no he knew what came out was ‘lets go’. How could he say no to her? He would stay with her forever.

            Nadia smiled and said to him to wait. She walked through the door and closed it behind her. All Sharif heard was muffled voices then Nadia opened the door and pulled him out. Sharif looked shocked as he saw too armed guards lying on the floor.



© 2012 Missy


Author's Note

Missy
This part is essential. The next chapter you'll really see the story develop.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on August 21, 2012
Last Updated on August 21, 2012
Tags: fiction, romance, teen, adventure, drama, murder


Author

Missy
Missy

Lansing, MI



About
I want to be a writer. I write all day, everyday in case I'm working. more..

Writing
Ch. 1 Pretenses Ch. 1 Pretenses

A Chapter by Missy


A tortured soul A tortured soul

A Chapter by Missy