January 2, 20XX

January 2, 20XX

A Chapter by Michelle Raye

"Well, Mr. Kowl," Stated the doctor. "Besides that cough that we're going to keep an eye on, your overall health looks pretty good."

"My heart and my head look good?" I said with just a hint of a smile across my face. Melissa had come to mind again.

"Pardon me?" The doctor asked.

"Nothing." I sighed. "So everything is fine?" I asked once more.

He nodded and smiled. I could've sworn that his hair piece was going to fly off and hit the floor any minute now. "Everything looks great. But I do want you to come back in a week to check up on your cough. Come back sooner if it gets any worse."

I coughed once or twice in his office. Well... More than that. But I, like everyone else, just blamed the cold weather. I told him I would and walked out of the office feeling even more not right. Since the year began, something has been feeling wrong. Almost as if something was off about this time.

I had walked to the doctors. It was only a couple blocks away from my apartment building. On the way, I passed a man with a cup at his side. His clothes tattered and torn, his hair filled with dirt and bugs. He looked pathetic. "Spare change?" He asked, begged, pleaded with dark brown eyes. I walked away. I didn't even look him in the eye as I passed his broken blue cup without dropping a single coin in.



© 2009 Michelle Raye


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

what the hell?? he is annoying! I hope that caugh is a serious thing you emotionless blockhead.... hmph

Its a good thing i am hating your character.. that means he is annoying in a real way. I wanna seee mooooreeee.... Lets continue!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 17, 2009


Author

Michelle Raye
Michelle Raye

Riverview, MI



About
Salut! Je m'appelle Michelle! Je suis 17 ans. (Hello! My name is Michelle! I have 17 years!) Part-time daughter of a single parent, Part-time girlfriend to loving guy, and a full-time pain towards.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Michelle Raye