Three.

Three.

A Chapter by Lucky

"Brett?" It was him, alright. He had those unmistakable sea-green eyes. The girl could remember looking into them and losing herself in their their depths. They would be so convivial, so full of joy and life. But they were different today. With her face barely two inches away from his, she noticed that his were dead. She could not see the emotion she usually saw. In fact, she could not see any emotion at all. A chill went down the girl's spine, and she shuddered. Brett still hadn't responded. He kept his face close to hers, making her feel uncomfortable. She tried to back away, but found that she had no space to do so. Again, he smiled, that same smirk he had flashed her before. The girl found that there was something odd in the way he smiled.
"Claire," he said. It was stated, more than spoken, as though his affirming himself of a fact. The girl sensed that something was amiss. Brett backed away from her, still looking at her.  "I bet you're hungry," he said. Claire realized she was hungry. Starving, in fact. She nodded. She wanted to say something, but wasn't sure of what to say, and ended up not saying anything.
Brett went to the kitchen, and Claire was left alone for a few minutes. She wasn't sure as to whether or not she was in a hostile situation, so decided against getting up from her seat. She tried to look through the blinds on the windows, but to no avail. They were shut tight. She then picked up a magazine and started to flip through the pages. To her great surprise, there was nothing inside. Although it had the cover of the latest issue of Sports Illustrated, the pages inside were blank. She set it back and looked around for something else to do. There was a bookcase in the corner of the room, but before she had the chance to get up, Brett had come back. He handed her a cup of hot chocolate and backed away, standing at the opposite end of the room, near the door. Clair was still thinking of something to say to him. She took a few sips of the drink, and eventually ended up finishing the whole thing. She decided to talk to Brett about what had happened. Explain to him why she had never said goodbye. 
"Brett, I - " she started. But he cut her off.
"No, Claire." There was something tugging at his voice, as though he was saying things he didn't want to say. "I can't. Not now. I have to go." 
Claire was shocked. "But we just got here! We've barely spoken to each other!"
"I'm sorry," he said, not looking at her. He opened the door, and left, locking it from the outside. Great, Claire thought. I'm locked inside a shady cabin in the middle of nowhere. She got up, went to the window and parted the blinds with her fingers. She could see a lake a little down the road, but there were no other houses. She wondered if she was on some private territory. Again Claire thought about Brett. Just as she started to wonder about when he would return, a strange feeling crept up inside her. Before she knew it, her body had become numb. She fell to the floor, unable to move or scream for help. She had experienced the same pain before. What had happened to her at the park was happening once more to her now. The hot chocolate, she thought before, once again, she slipped into blackness.


© 2011 Lucky


Author's Note

Lucky
my mind kept changing every time i thought about where i wanted this to go. this was a way for me to introduce character names and maybe add a little more to the situation. i think you guys will like the turn it'll take next.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's scary, man. I like the names. Claire and Brett.

Posted 12 Years Ago


by the way, what do you think of the names?

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

956 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 13, 2011
Last Updated on June 30, 2011


Author

Lucky
Lucky

About
interested in writing, just need help on the motivation side. i tend to write a lot when i'm angry or sad, though (usually the two come together). i sometimes wish i was hipster, but i'm not, really. .. more..

Writing
the beast the beast

A Poem by Lucky


The Average Guy The Average Guy

A Story by Lucky