Four.

Four.

A Chapter by Lucky

It was bright and sunny outside when Claire woke up. She shifted in her bed, ruffling the large down comforter that had been covering her. She tried to open her eyes, but they burned from the sunlight that was streaming in from the window, so she squinted, opening up little slits through which she could see. Her eyes were still blurry, however, and she could barely make out her surroundings. Claire twisted around and buried her face in her pillow. She tried to do what she did almost every morning - think. She thought about the fight she had had with her sister yesterday morning and their reconciliation. She remembered the call from Brett and their agreement to meet at the park. The park. Holy s**t, she thought. A jolt of panic ran through Claire's body as she recalled the proceedings of the earlier night. She was wide awake now, and her eyes were forced to function. What she saw stupefied her. It was all there. The same bed, the same dresser, the same desk, the same bookshelf with the same books. She was in her room. She jumped off of her bed and ran to the window. She saw her sister outside, talking to her friend, and the neighbor's cat loitering in their yard. The old man and woman across the street sat outside on their porch, drinking their coffee, as they did each morning. She was definitely at home. She gazed out of the window, wondering how she had been returned without knowing it. Then she heard the thud of footsteps lumbering up the stairs. She scrambled back into bed, and pretended to just be waking up. The door creaked slowly and voice called through gently, "Claire?" It was her mom. Claire sighed with relief, and smiled to herself. Finally, some answers, she thought. 
"Come in, ma," she called. Her mom entered with a tray with some orange juice and an apple. Claire smiled and happily took both. "Thanks," she said in a half-whisper.
"How are you feeling?" her mom asked. 
"Okay," Claire replied. Her mom didn't seem to be worried about anything, which bothered Claire. "Just kinda confused. Mom, how did I get home yesterday? I mean, wasn't a gone a while?" 
Claire's mom looked at her incredulously. "What are you talking about? I picked you up from the park yesterday, remember?"


© 2011 Lucky


Author's Note

Lucky
okay, so this was supposed to be a twist. it looked kind of better in my head, but i wasn't sure how to form the cliffhanger. tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WHATWHOAWHOWHATWHENWHEREWHY



Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

916 Views
1 Review
Added on June 29, 2011
Last Updated on June 29, 2011


Author

Lucky
Lucky

About
interested in writing, just need help on the motivation side. i tend to write a lot when i'm angry or sad, though (usually the two come together). i sometimes wish i was hipster, but i'm not, really. .. more..

Writing
the beast the beast

A Poem by Lucky


The Average Guy The Average Guy

A Story by Lucky