Light Of Thy Nation

Light Of Thy Nation

A Screenplay by Michael Giles
"

I made this way back high school times; now I'm on my summer stay in this university. My brother needed to pass a poem as an assignment regarding the present status of politics in our nation. But, I might have said it in irony. Quite interesting. I did ba

"

A candle…

 

LIT by the matchsticks of ambition. A candle which brightens up the whole quarter, too dark that no one know how to get out of it, without exhibition of one. Mysteries of the past still remain unsolved. This candle - a speck glowing amidst vengeful solitude.

 

Just a candle, with the luminescence of filthy cravings and of soaring dreams.

 

Too near, yet so far. I thrived for what I wanted to clasp, through my own weakness. My deprivation - with the will of skepticism for things too hard to explain by practicality, rational thinking & technical illusions. I longed to par for human intimacy, with acceptance of imperfection, urging for the limits of my existence.

 

An existence like that of a lit candle, with the fierce roar for profound truth & deliberate reasoning, and the indisputable quench for experience. I hold one, with flames of opportunity.

 

Clumped together with everybody else’s, this candle burns in seeking for tomorrow’s fate; its light creeping through the dooms of melancholy reality. Its rays crawling; reaching forth the ends of darkness. Darkness which led humans to sin.

 

Now, the walled surfaces of the quarter seems clear – an image of HOPE flocking towards the drifting nation, An upwelling of desperate vigilance & consolidated awareness.

 

A light of thy nation…

 

…A candle

 

© 2008 Michael Giles


Author's Note

Michael Giles
I hope you liked what I wrote. ^^, I aspire to be one great writer someday. Haha, but I think it's hopeless.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

this was a good piece, i liked it.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 8, 2008

Author

Michael Giles
Michael Giles

Philippines



About
I live in the Philippines. I'm just 16, turning 17 this 15th of April. I write whenever I feel like doing it. more..

Writing