Dear anonymity

Dear anonymity

A Story by Nicole Currie

 

Dear anonymity,
Years go by and each day you wrap me in a thick cotton copse. I am grateful, I promise, but I still push you away and send you to someone else in a thorn coated envelope. ‘Miskina’ you named me and whispered in my ears in the early hours of a day gone by, in the light of the wakening Sun, rubbing his sleepy head and sighing faint tones into dewy air. I remember how His gaze crawled up your body like a ghostly thief, taunting me, wanting me to follow. 'Miskina, Miskina'. And what a poor girl I am. With my knotted hair, breaking, crumbling, at your emollient touch, and my panda eyes shadowing my furrows. O mirror, mirror on the wall watched me wallow in self-pity and submit to nihilism; she swallowed me whole and in her glassy belly I remain; my contorted thoughts reflecting all around me like a plethora of pins stabbing my waking eyes. A mere shadow now, with years withering my kindness and eroding my love. I love you sweet anonymity, even if I spat you out among the merciless fiends. And yet Lovable Bear, with his padded paws and torn tongue, offered you my bed, night after night, and I still want you to fill my lungs with that au fait breathe.

© 2009 Nicole Currie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on June 26, 2009