Just My Opinion

Just My Opinion

A Story by hyancynthstofeedthysoul
"

The facts about our recent problems

"

I have been thinking about our recent loss of materiaL. Some jumped to place blame. A few accepted responsibility for their own actions.

 

How many recognize these words, I agree to the terms of service.

 

They are preceeded by a box that must be checked. If the box is not checked you cannot post. What are those terms of service?

Disclaimer of Warranties

You expressly understand and agree that the Service is provided 'as is' and Aresta Enterprise does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, marketability, fitness for a particular purpose, or title to any of the data or function in its web site, any of the data or function linked to its web site, any data or function provided by partners or vendors of this web site, or any service provided herewith; nor does Aresta Enterprise assume any responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings. Aresta Enterprise does not warrant that code, content, files, access, functions or any combination thereof are free of errors or corruptions.

 

Reservation of Rights

The Service and its benefits are offered at the discretion of Aresta Enterprise, and Aresta Enterprise has the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service, in whole or in part for any reason, at its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. You agree that Aresta Enterprise will not be liable to you or any third-party for any modification or discontinuance of the Service. Aresta Enterprise, in its sole discretion, may add, delete, or change some or all of the features of the Service at any time. 

You acknowledge that Aresta Enterprise has the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or move any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, Aresta Enterprise shall have the right to edit, refuse to post or remove any Content that violates these Terms of Service or is otherwise objectionable.

THE PERTAINENT PART IS:

nor does Aresta Enterprise assume any responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.

Seems clear to me. Did the first time I read it and does now.

 

ENOUGH SAID

 

© 2008 hyancynthstofeedthysoul


Author's Note

hyancynthstofeedthysoul
Let's hear it for Charlie.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree. From owning too many sub-par computers that would give out at a moment's notice, I've learned from frustrated experience to always save to multiple places. That's why I wasn't really concerned with 'losing' it all here. I've got back-ups that, eventually, I will re-submit to this site for review. As for those who really did lose everything, I understand that it's frustrating, oh wow, do I understand, but how many of you were PERFECTLY happy with every single word that you wrote? There are a lot of examples I know of people who have had their entire life's work destroyed. The Aardman Studio (Wallace and Gromit) was just burned to the ground, everything inside. Gail Simone (comic book artist) just had her house burned to the ground, including her studio with everything inside. It's frustrating, it's depressing, but in the end, you realize that this is a time to recreate yourself. Thank you, once again, for bringing a little clear-thinking to the site.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Never rely on technology would be another good point.

Your piece makes the reader think about how many contracts they sign without having read them properly.
One day we'll pay for our carelessness with more than lost writing, I suspect.

This piece was probably more welcomed at the height of all the 'controversy'. Nice work, although most of it is just quoting the terms. Nice quoting, and well done for trying to calm the irrational blame.

Posted 16 Years Ago


At the end of the day what happened was an accident, it was never intended. Charlie does a brilliant job at running this site and could you just imagine what would happen if he one day just said 'sod this' and left. We all owe Charlie a lot. I'm glad you posted this Frank, it brings sight to the blind.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Seems clear to me. Its been two weeks now and people still can't let it go. Although it angered me to know what had happened, Charlie is just a man show when it comes to this site, with about 20,000 users. So I give him credit for keeping this site up with all the whiners around here. Good point, Frank.

Great Write
Rayne

Posted 16 Years Ago


You are great, I do believe I like you. Hugs

Imogean~

Posted 16 Years Ago


I agree. Wonderfully worded. Thank you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


While I feel bad for those that didn't back up their works, I understand this opinion as well...it seems we all have our own way of thinking on this subject...thanks for voicing yours :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


Yep, seems blatantly clear to me as well. Thank you for the re-enlightenment, my wise friend.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I am a little disappointed. Here I have all of this tar and these feathers and now I have nothing to do with them. Hey! How did you get the picture imbedded in your text? I can't get it to work for me.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Exactly! Fools be we who do not back up our writing. My house was ready for a spring cleaning anyway, so I'm not mad. In fact, I kind of like my clean slate. I did put up the only piece I have on computer, to have something here, since I won't be posting anything new until next week at the earliest. This is an important message to get out....and yes, blame and denial are strong parts of the grieving process, so I understand people wanting to be mad at Charlie. I can't be mad at the man who gave me access to so many wonderful works, reviews, and most importantly fellow writers who I lovingly and whole-heartedly call friends. It's the writers who make this site, not snafu's and pitfalls. Great message, thanks for the reminder for those still stuck in the grieving process. Not that it will bring them comfort, but perhaps it will at least prompt them into the next stages until finally, they can leave it all behind them. Much love~~

Posted 16 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

381 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

hyancynthstofeedthysoul
hyancynthstofeedthysoul

middletown, OH



About
A long and eventful life I have lived one. While stationed in Germany I visited every country in free Europe and the British Isles. In the U.S. 48 of the 50 only missed Alaska and Hawaii. Have worked .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Run Away I Run Away

A Poem by Rain