1st Trial

1st Trial

A Chapter by Namaa Hammond

Dear Erebus,


I have lost my mind and I have lost my consciousness, therefore I shall open my somber thoughts to the darkest shadows of your deity- the shadows of your mourning and the shadows of your past. I want to learn your story. They are the trails to your will and compassion that have led me here. Alone I stray, and you have always been a part of me, nevertheless, I no longer question of your existence. Another voice is uttering these words of empathy that reign from my flightless wings onto this old piece of brittle parchment paper.

It is a chilly afternoon, November 8th, 2014. The clouds are lifelessly floating in the pale blue skies and I now chant alone, like a mad woman behind this empty window sill for discovering who I am, or perhaps who I was. I give thanks to my spiritual guider and Celtic spirit miss Brigid. Brigid is my soul sister from the past, as is Harmonia. Harmonia is a blissful human soul that illuminates the entire world with her sunshine colored aura and her happiness. They both have been saving my soul since the lost times, and if I did not have them by my side I would have completely lost my soul. Brigid is a human too, but her soul consists of so much power and magic, I struggle to believe that she is only human. Then again, I'm sure none of us are really what we appear to be.

I am nonetheless a flightless cormorant, yet I have sinned in the past life. My soul still burns on the stake for the curses I have captured and the demonic obsessions I have gained. Which is why you  are here with me today Erebus, you are the darkness and shadow lingering behind the window to my soul, and you were once the mysterious man in the black cloak behind the blinds. Ever since I closed the windows to my mind and I lost it, I could not see but blackness. I have found you. Now I shall see who you really are. Brigid and Harmonia have seen me in my past, and they have tried to help me and keep me away from such magic. I could not resist, and until this day something is always pulling me into the world of darkness, the forbidden part of magic, the occult. I dwell in loneliness and confusion as I rock back and forth, day after day, wishing this was not who I am. I wish it was all unreal. Waking up in the morning in tears and agony and going to sleep feeling nothing is what my life consists of. I numb myself entirely with Anthemis and crushed sedatives again to make sure I feel absolutely nothing by the end of the day- it's like feeling dead. I have fallen down into the void again, Erebus, but this time I have fallen hard. I lost everything and I am still losing. I have not gained a single thing since I left Haides' side. My loved ones are slowly being pulled away from me and I am benumbed, yet I fear to end up alone. 

It was January 2nd, 1690 now, and the sky was monotonous and still. I love this time of year, it seems so dead I could never admire anymore or less. I looked into my window sill and closed my eyes wondering if I had done too many drugs this time, or if I was in a dream. I felt odd, the dream or world itself was so vivid, yet so confusing. 


“Thig an nathair as an toll

Là donn Brìde,

Ged robh trì troighean dhen t-sneachd

Air leac an làir.

The serpent will come from the hole

On the brown Day of Bríde,

Though there should be three feet of snow

On the flat surface of the ground”


“Who is this? Who is this speaking to me?” I called curiously. The voice was a female voice and I was a little puzzled. I was even more puzzled when I noticed a flicker of a candle take over my vision, and I was no longer in front of my window sill. 

There I was, standing around nearly nine thousand Tritanists and another woman tied onto a stake. She was not a woman I knew and her face did not seem familiar at all. I was grateful, yet I had felt guilt.

“You have sinned and sinned Ms. Abigail Comfry! The Lord does not take your shameful acts and nor shall this town of Mayi Sano! You have sinned and fed upon Satan! Now answer me, did you or did you not commit magic?” The pastor held up his cross, yet evil hung above him. 

I pity you you sick b*****d. I whispered in a low voice. I looked across and spotted two familiar faces hiding in the crowd. Brigid and Harmonia looked at me and waved me to go them. Brigid wore a red cloak and Harmonia was wearing a green one. I run towards them in confusion.

“Why am I here? Why are we here?” I was scared but comfortable at the same time knowing my sisters were there with me. 

“Nyx, we are all here spiritually, our minds are so strong that I made sure we all fell upon the spell of the full moon tonight. Just take this and trust me, we will be safe.” She handed me a moonstone and I gazed into the the distinctive shimmer. It was beautiful. 

“But our past should have been forgotten! I have to defeat the man in the black cloak and there is no way I can reverse it. He is inside me now. He has nearly possessed me completely.” I had to confess my darkness to Brigid.

“Oh dear Nyx, he will not leave your side until we diminish our dark past and make it a brighter one.” She advised me.

“How do we do that? Do I have to perform magic again in order to diminish this?” I crossed my arms underneath my black cloak. I was scared when I noticed the cloak I was in was black. My heart felt like it was going to stop.

“We have to, Nyx, it is us. We are the witches these b*****d Tritanists are after.” Harmonia whispered as she added to the conversation. Her light energy emitted my way and I felt an immediate relief.

The crowd was now roaring as the pastor held up his torch, the woman stood helplessly tied onto the stake like a cow about to be slaughtered and cooked for these pigs to eat. What a shame. Their mouths watered as they were hypnotized into Tritanist disgust. The woman did not scream nor confess to her accusation of witchcraft. She stood still and bowed her head down. Everything spun in infinite circles around me as I fell onto the ground. Harmonia and Brigid caught me and I woke up on the ground of my home in the Lands of the Odd, behind my window sill. Harmonia and Brigid look at me and point to my once flightless wings and held the palm of my hands to help me up. I had arms. I had arms? I walked slowly to gaze at the reflection of my window sill. 



Nyx



© 2014 Namaa Hammond


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on November 19, 2014
Last Updated on November 19, 2014