One

One

A Chapter by Namaa Hammond

Denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. Acceptance to change the death of possession and accumulate transformation from old to new. It is here and it is winter again, but a bitter winter. When I look outside at the empty parking lot its like a rebuilding for transformation. When you lose everything you had it is hope and regaining proper powers, not the ones that drained you out of your soul. Sometimes you must dare to take a taste of the bitter dregs of the world.
April 6th, 2016, the warmth is finally heating through my re-regulating body temperature in the cools of the last winter. The sky is sending out volts and currents as signals to give us strength in this mundane world we are slowly losing. The sinners, the saints, the drunks, junkies, business men, served ones, institutionalized beings are now the victims of this secret force. My name is Hope and I am 26 years old. Hope Mankato. Mankato meaning blue earth. My parents are both born from the blue clay along the riverbanks of what now is the Minnesota River. We are Sioux decent and will always refer to the Missouri River as Mankato River. Mankato, Minnesota was a strange place for me, now that it has industrialized in ways that are bothersome. My family generation is blessed to not have been forced out of the riverbanks because our powers have never been forsaken. I am a victim, however of nearly losing my mind and my soul in this brain depleting city. Our family name and bodies have been abused and threatened mentally and physically throughout time, and it is still attempting to strike back at us over and over again. My parents were forced out of Minnesota when I was two years old. It was before they had my baby sister, Wakanda whom is 7 years old now. Her dark eyes, black hair and tan skin reminds me of my mother, exactly. The name Wakanda derives from the Sioux inner magical power. My mother's names is Winona, meaning first-born daughter. She was first born to my grandparents whom I know nothing about because they were killed when she was born and taken into a hidden safety tribe's refugee site in the Minnesota Riverbanks decades ago. My fathers name is Chayton, nonetheless a falcon. He is a green-eyed, tall and brown complexioned, brave falcon whom looks over the small, the evil, the so called “subtle-sorcerers” possessing the planet. They currently live in the Cheyenne River of South Dakota happily with Wakanda, relieving me to know that they are safe and sound.
My location is an interesting location, if you wanted to know. I live in Columbus, Ohio. Out of all places, Columbus you ask? Luckily, I found a perfect opportunity here to continue my schooling in Earth and Environmental sciences until I noticed myself f*****g up my entire life this winter.The truth is where the secrets lie at night. The anguish of the mental battles and struggles that kept eating at me with the amount of abuse I had put myself through kept repeatedly smacking me in my face. Every night, after night and hell, multiply them to nights that they came to visit me. I almost saw the light, and every reoccurring dream warned me to take another path away before I was dead, and that the world needed me. It was hard to believe so at the time, yet a being opened up my eyes and I finally chose to listen to the song of the wolf at dusk. Every night, I almost saw the light, and every reoccurring dream warned me to take another path away before I was dead, and that the world needed me. It was hard to believe so at the time, yet a being opened up my eyes and I finally chose to listen to the song of the wolf at night. During my battles I met a howling wolf that raised the sun before my eyes as the moon still grew above and within me, regaining energy that was once lost.
The thunder has struck and I am holding this double-edged sword high. It has awakened me into my destiny on this earth to heal, save and make a change to save the ones I love the most. I settled down and stepped towards the light embracing path of the daring. Darkness still consumes, so it is now time to prevail against the subtle-sorcerers as triumph comes from the wise use of my resources- a headlong charge, a steady control of opposing forces. My wisdom had become my own prison. One must not be chained to the past sorrows when entering an odyssey to victory; however no river is wide enough to leave all troubles behind, and no lifetime is long enough to escape from the demons of my mind.


© 2016 Namaa Hammond


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on April 10, 2016
Last Updated on August 17, 2016