chapter2

chapter2

A Chapter by carla

 

Here I lay starring up at the ceiling. Ellena. She was beautiful and even if I didn't know her I could see through her eyes that she was a kind hearted being. I had learned to tell some of people's personality from the look in their eyes. Suddenly, a knock came from the door. It was Jimmy, the youngest son.

“Dinner is ready Mr.Ricky” his small voice reminded me of the innocence I never had but always saw.
“Be right there Jimmy” I smiled at him and his face lit up. He walked over to me and sat on the bed next to me.
“May I ask why you are in such a good mood Mr.Ricky?” I smiled and knew this boy would be a great detective like in his favorite books. Laying back down on the bed and looking up at the ceiling I answered.
“I think I saw an angel today Jimmy.” His smile brightened and he looked at the door to see if anyone could hear.
“Well can you tell me who?” we sounded like those gossiping school girls. I chuckled.
“Her name is Ellena.” Jimmy’s smile showed he was fond of the person I was talking about.
“Ah yes miss Ellena is an angel and so is her daughter Kira. She is most kind to all she meets.” My face fell. A daughter. She must be married already then if not engaged.
“What’s wrong Mr.Ricky?” Jimmy put a small hand on my arm in comfort. I smiled at the strangely comforting gesture.
“She must have a husband or something.” I confessed. He smiled and shook his head no.
“Oh, no she’s not married or anything.”  I was dumb struck. She wasn’t married or anything.
 
“What do you mean? That daughter must have a father.” He looked down at his small hands.
“There was a father but not too long after Kira was born, he disappeared.” Something churned in my stomach. How could someone do that? Then again hadn’t it happened to me? “Miss Ellena’s mother disowned her and kicked her out of the house. Miss Sara Edgar is her name. Now Miss Ellena works and takes care of her daughter alone. It’s sad and our family helps as much as we can.” I nod and ruffle his hair.
“Yes, your family does help. Sometimes more than is deserved. You’re lucky to have such a caring family Jimmy don’t you forget it.” Jimmy smiles and nods. Then he asks the question that has plagued me my whole life.
“What about your family Mr.Ricky?” my face drops but I don’t give Jimmy a chance to ask what’s wrong I quickly get up and look down at him. The innocence of this boy should not be tainted by the cruelty of the world just yet. The time will come but not now.
“Come along Jimmy, time for dinner.” There was a look I knew all too well. Intelligence, jimmy had a lot of it and knew this was a subject I would touch in my own time. This boy was much wiser and smarter than most adults would ever be. He was a treasure.


© 2009 carla


Author's Note

carla
please leave reviews

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That is a very awsome story i am looking forward to reading more!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 7, 2009
Last Updated on December 14, 2009


Author

carla
carla

GA



About
love to read and write and i also want to make new friends. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by carla


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by carla


Moments Moments

A Book by carla