chapter 24

chapter 24

A Chapter by carla

“You two were amazing” Jane complimented as she put her arm around Sarah
we were walking out of the hospital with laughter hovering over us like a cloud. I was in the mists of things and felt as if the world could fall around us and we would still be happy.

Suddenly, there was loud clapping that filled the parking lot and we all turned to where the sound was coming from. I gasped as I saw that there, standing a few feet away from the car, was Miloh.

“Miloh” I said as I walked a couple of steps towards her as if I was caught in a dream.

“Looks like you have found a new family Adel” Miloh’s voice was laced with venom and loathing as she said each word.

“You’re free” I couldn’t get over the fact that she was standing here before me. It had been years since I had seen her and yet she didn’t look very different.

“Not that you care since you never came to see me when I was in there or now that I got out.” Her words were daggers that were aimed to do a lot of damage.

“You know why I didn’t go” I answered her and put on my stone face as I realized the damage she would do if she knew her words were hurting me.

“Your stupid pride” She was angry and looked like she was itching for a fight

“It wasn’t pride and you know that. Once I said I was through I meant it” I told her in a stern voice as if I was talking to an infant.

“You were a coward” Miloh glared as she said this and took a couple of step forward.

“I was not a coward but I opened my eyes” I told her but I even though I put on a tough front, I had felt the sting of her words deep inside me. The others stood behind me and watched as the show unfolded but I wasn’t mad because this was something that Miloh and I had to solve between ourselves.

“You left me and didn’t even bother to look back. We were supposed to be sisters!” She yelled as tears rimmed her eyes and rage powered her words.

“I didn’t leave you, Miloh. You never let me near you because of your obsession with Scott. I have always thought of you as a sister but I was not about to live my life like that. If I had stayed I would have ended up in the same place you did and then what? You know I want something more from life, Miloh. Don’t you remember? You were the one who told me not to be satisfied with what life gives you but to work to get something more from what life has to offer? Those words never made sense until I finally started thinking for myself instead of letting Scott rule my life.” I was on the verge of breaking as I poured my heart out to Miloh as I had when we were younger. But as I looked into her hatred filled eyes, I realized that the girl that I had called a sister at one time was no longer there. This girl was a slave to Scott and the life he had given her.

“You are just a coward just like your mother!”

Miloh said the words that had been my worst nightmare. I was unable to move or speak from the shock of hearing those words come out of the mouth of one of the people I had loved most in this world.

As I stood there shocked immobile, a shadow went by my right side and continued towards Miloh. The shadow stopped in front of Miloh and towered over her then the parking lot was filled with a resounding smacking noise of flesh hitting flesh.

I snapped out of my daze to stare at the shadow that had been revealed by the sun to be Jane. There she stood in front of a shocked Miloh who held a hand to her cheek and looked up at Jane. At first I didn’t understand what had happened but then it dawned at on me that Jane had slapped Miloh.

“You�"”

“Get the hell out of here and never come back.” Jane interrupted Miloh in mid rant and glared down at her.

Miloh looked like she was ready to argue but then she looked to me as if looking for something but there was nothing left of what we had. I turned my head away and closed my eyes to the reality of losing a sister. I heard her huff and then her stomping footstep indicated that she had left the parking lot. My heart ached as if it had been beaten black and blue but at least it wasn’t shattering. Maybe this was a good sign and this would be a bad memory that would slowly disappear into the back of my mind.

Suddenly, as I stood there lost in thought, a hand dropped onto my shoulder and squeezed gently. I looked up and my eyes locked onto Jane’s eyes that were filled with understand, love and support. It was overwhelming to be faced with so much love and kindness. Without warning, I threw myself at her and buried my face into her chest while I was invaded by foreign emotions.

“Thank you” I whispered to her but it was meant for her and all those around me at that moment as well. I was safe and even if I had just lost someone I considered family I had gained many more who truly care for me.

I pulled away from Jane and looked at her with a sheepish smile which made her smile fully in a tender way. Belle came up to me and took my face in her hands to look me over as if searching for signs of the flu. There was concern evident in her eyes and an underlying anger pointed towards the one who had hurt me.

“You listen to me. That girl spoke only lies and you are far stronger than she can ever imagine.” Belle looked stern as if ordering me to believe her instead of offering advice.
I chuckled and nodded as she kissed my forehead then she turned towards the others with a bright smile that didn’t quite reach her eyes.

“Come on everyone, let’s go home.” Belle said as she looked up to the sky to estimate what time it must be.

“Adel, do you want to come over to the house? It can be just like a sleep over. It has been so long since I had a sleep over.” Sarah said as she began to think about the things that should be done at a sleep over.

“I don’t know...” I trailed off as I looked over to Rai’s car and saw that she sat in the driver’s seat. If I didn’t know her I would have thought she didn’t care but I knew her better than that. She was mad and needed time alone to cool off and think cold headily. What I didn’t know was if I should go talk to her or not.

“Go have fun and I’ll make sure she calls you once she has calmed down” Belle promised with a tenderness in her voice that signified that she understood.

“Okay but if you don’t I will be mad at you” I said to her and then kissed Belle on the cheek, surprising her. She put her hand on her cheek as a smile spread across her face and I raced away to catch up with the others who were already piling into Jane’s car.

Belle waved to me and in that moment it didn’t matter how much bad things the world threw at me because I had these amazing people who loved me. I would make it through all the obstacles that life had in store for me.



© 2012 carla


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on April 16, 2012
Last Updated on April 16, 2012


Author

carla
carla

GA



About
love to read and write and i also want to make new friends. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by carla


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by carla


Moments Moments

A Book by carla