Instrumental of Life (May change title)

Instrumental of Life (May change title)

A Poem by NelliKong

Instrumental of Life (May change title)


Music feeds my soul for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So many different choices so it's never the same meal twice. If music could be described it would be a box of chocolates because you truly never know what you will get from it. Lyrics to an instrumental transports me into a different universe without me ever leaving my own. I don't have to get on a bus, train or airplane in order to be moved; music has always been a vehicle for me to get from one point of my life to another in various types of weather conditions. 

Rap and hip hop is able to show how you can come from a negative situation and yet still have a positive outcome. The fact that they were able to win the lottery against all odds being stacked against them like bricks being placed on top of each other one by one to create the building called success. They paint images with their pens as if they are using a paintbrush making sure every stroke is perfect and executed to the fullest. Rappers are the true masters of personification because what they write jumps off the page as the words they speak jump from the paper to your eardrums and trickle into the brian to spark an emotion. 

Now here comes rhythm and blues and oh my do I love r&b. Topics from heartbreak to love and everything in between touches me way more than the physical sense. Songwriters are similar to rappers but they have a softer approach to them as if it's like silk gracing your skin ever so gently. The songs about intimacy bring the soul to a climax that sometimes makes you never want to come down from that experience. Just the thought of that kind of adrenaline rush makes a tingle down my spine occur. The type of chill is as if an ice cube is being placed down your back and the transfer of hot and cold is present, which causes the hair on the back of your neck to stand up as a result. 

Then you have rock and alternative music; rock brings out my unapologetic side and does not care about what other people think or how I'm perceived. I admire how this genre of music is very raw and unedited. They never censor themselves just to appeal to the general public. They write and sing exactly how they feel without compromising their emotions in the process of creating their music and the message it entails. Rockstars are bold and blunt in every aspect ; so polarizing that you either love it or hate it. Almost like they drew a line in the sand and opposing sides rightfully took their pace and still had a seat to witness the rockstar’s message front and center. 

The last genre of music I'll address is country; country has a style that is like no other. They have that commercial appeal with a little sprinkle of sass to keep listeners intrigued of what they will say next. I don't know how country singers do it. Maybe it's the cowboy hats they wear and that causes them to have these superpowers of creating music that leaves the audience wanting more. 

Music in itself has a magical power of its own; no wizards or witches like you read in stories that perform magic or recites spells from a book. There are individuals that pose that gift that gives us who need something magical in our lives. Songs are like magic wands that are being waved over our heads transporting us from any given situation. There is magic on earth after all; so long as you turn on your favorite song. 


© 2023 NelliKong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow Nelli... that was so good...

And I agree with every line.

Trully I do enjoy all those music styles.

Dark country or Shadow country is a very good darker change in the regular usual country.

Trully sometimes... feels like reviving the age of cow-boys, marshalls and outlaws... all over again.

Great! Good writing.

;)

By the way... I can see a real evolution.

Seems like you changed your writing style... just a bit.

And it's great! My humble opinion.

Posted 1 Year Ago


NelliKong

1 Year Ago

Thank you so much for the feedback. I appreciate it. Happy you enjoyed reading it. I try my best to .. read more
The_Ancient_Rock

1 Year Ago

Cool... do that!

I've subscribed to you long ago...

There is just so m.. read more
You have a powerful perception and it makes me want to write music. Perception is everything.

Posted 1 Year Ago


NelliKong

1 Year Ago

Thank you. I appreciate the comment.
Love the passion in this. I play in a concert band myself and love to sample different genres of music every week at rehearsals.

Posted 1 Year Ago


NelliKong

1 Year Ago

Thank you for the reply I appreciate it.
(Music in itself has a magical power of its own) I am a retired piano teacher so I really agree with this statement. Good write! ~Sharon

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NelliKong

1 Year Ago

Thank you. I appreciate your comment
Another Excellent Homage NK, nicely put together and well-phrased.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NelliKong

1 Year Ago

Thank you so much for this comment

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 18, 2023
Last Updated on January 18, 2023

Author

NelliKong
NelliKong

About
Using writing as an outlet and see where it takes me. Open to comments more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..