Well Brined Lady

Well Brined Lady

A Poem by NelliKong

At the bottom of this well… I don’t know what entails, whether will I conquer and prevail or fall in deeper and fail.


These two telescopes on my face hold the most powerful seas, the gates have been unleashed and then the salt mixes in to complete… this mixture of pain, doubt and all the things that inside kill her, this feeling is far too familiar.


These salt deposits are just getting bigger and no matter how much water I put in to dilute the solution, the contents never dissolve; maybe I should just jump into this well and fall, I mean haven’t I already ran into enough brick walls?….


The amount of salt I have created can be used as rocks, I try to take those rocks and use them as my stones and throw them; they just bounce off the wall and hit me in my bones, every inch of me, which makes me feel even more alone/ so why bother to even groan?…


Sadly… no matter how many coins get thrown down, the wishes never come true… it’s as if I’m nearly a permanent fixture and cemented in like crazy glue. Will I climb out this well alive… we’ll have to see… if I can find a shovel and see if I can climb.  

© 2023 NelliKong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Canada might be on fire at this point but I'm in.

Posted 10 Months Ago


NelliKong

10 Months Ago

I seen that. Hope you are safe.
Coffee Vampier

10 Months Ago

Thank you, I'm doing better.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
1 Review
Added on June 5, 2023
Last Updated on June 5, 2023

Author

NelliKong
NelliKong

About
Using writing as an outlet and see where it takes me. Open to comments more..

Writing