A Mermaid Made Me Do It

A Mermaid Made Me Do It

A Poem by NelliKong

I swam with a mermaid before… in my thoughts in a specific drawer. This mermaid wasn’t Ariel at all. She didn’t want to become apart of my world… her evil powers forming in her palms in which they whirled. She in fact wants me to be under the sea… doesn’t want me to breathe… literally watch me lose my breath and enjoying me scream for a plea… she swarms around me and the buzzing intensifies as if there were a thousand bees.


The shore is right there, but she has me pulled in like the tide… waves crashing down on me like a roller coaster ride. Unlike Disney I’m not seeing the happily ever after… just another internal human natural disaster… the whirlpool is approaching faster… calling for someone to save me like a paster… but sadly the mermaid was already a master.  

© 2023 NelliKong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love how u rhymed with your pain in the end.
It's amazing how you wrote a poem in contrast to a disney movie.
This is surely an artwork and I LOVE IT.

Posted 6 Months Ago


NelliKong

6 Months Ago

Thank you so much. I'm glad that you enjoyed reading it. Thank you again for the support.
Feelings In Motion.

6 Months Ago

You're most welcome
People seem so lost amongst the numbness driving our lives.

Posted 6 Months Ago


NelliKong

6 Months Ago

Thank you for your feedback.
I want to travel to Germany to meet the real mermaids and live on the River. The Rhine would be so lovely out side in the cold.

Posted 6 Months Ago


Coffee Vampier

6 Months Ago

Why kind beauty is Germany to you.
NelliKong

6 Months Ago

Never been so I really can't say. But pictures look great
Coffee Vampier

6 Months Ago

I'd like to go some time, I'd be beauty.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 22, 2023
Last Updated on October 22, 2023

Author

NelliKong
NelliKong

About
Using writing as an outlet and see where it takes me. Open to comments more..

Writing