Splendid Ruins

Splendid Ruins

A Poem by NelliKong

These aren’t like the ruins in Egypt, no gold, riches or signs of a dynasty… these ruins got back at me spitefully… I see the DOA’s of everything I used to be laying there lifelessly… a terrible massacre that ended so violently.


Now the aftermath… looking through the rubble and debris… searching for answers like there’s a missing key… a really genocide in my mind, just waiting to flee… I still hear the explosion from the bomb that was detonated as I tuck myself away while on my knees… I hear the cries, see the thousands versions of me in this infinite sea. 


I scream… to find sanctuary… this war is becoming too much to carry … stains as dark as black berries… even though this scene is quite grim and scary… let me throw out a last attempt of a “Hail Mary”

© 2023 NelliKong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Deadly journey through possibilities.Fadcinating look into ones own mind finding their path on this journey.

Great read.

With love,

Matthew

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NelliKong

6 Months Ago

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it.
The ruins of a life gone off the rails and the ending hindsight...

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NelliKong

6 Months Ago

Thank you for your feedback. Appreciate it. From one writer to another.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 27, 2023
Last Updated on October 27, 2023

Author

NelliKong
NelliKong

About
Using writing as an outlet and see where it takes me. Open to comments more..

Writing