The Weird Voodoo Girl in Class

The Weird Voodoo Girl in Class

A Poem by NelliKong

People assume that the weird girl is performing voodoo… dancing around her madness in a tutu… however she’s been crying for help but she couldn’t get through to, you. She asked for extra credit, tutoring after class. But yet when she attempts to raise her hand as a plea for help, students nor the teacher pay her any attention… in fact the teacher believes she’s a distraction, so she gets detention instead. 


That weird voodoo girl has no there choice but to try and exit these demon like thoughts from her mind… she can’t ever complete the homework that the teacher assigned… this is because she isn’t traditionally designed…. she’s not refined… why? She always gets declined… when it’s timer recess she doesn’t play and feels left behind… nobody’s kind… she stands net to the lost and found box, maybe there she can find, what she’s looking for.


Class is officially in session… now everyone is looking at the voodoo girl that’s weirs with the same facial expression… thinking the same question… why? She has pinned up oppression… which caused a lot of suppression… misdirected aggression… that lead to this big transgression… now everyone in class is ready to take notes from the voodoo girl, ready to learn a valuable lesson.  

© 2023 NelliKong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

hi, if it doesn't bother you, may I ask what inspired you to write this poem?

Posted 5 Months Ago


NelliKong

5 Months Ago

Hi,
It was a prompt that I saw on Instagram and I decided that I wanted to write to it becau.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 28, 2023
Last Updated on October 28, 2023

Author

NelliKong
NelliKong

About
Using writing as an outlet and see where it takes me. Open to comments more..

Writing