Your Very Existence is an Act of Rebellion

Your Very Existence is an Act of Rebellion

A Poem by NelliKong

The fact that I exist makes me a rebel… my existence is against the law so the public threw me into a cell… the public doesn’t want any part of me to dwell… so instead they chant these statements as if they’re trying to cast a spell… make me retract back into my shell, so I don’t have to deal with society to yell, at me… but life doesn’t work like that so oh well.


I will boycott for my rights as a poet, these shackles on my feet are meant to hold me down and the words that I say; I’m not the type of merchandise that they want on the window display… even if they put me on discount or clearence, they don’t want me to be purchased, they don’t see the value in my words… which they probably don’t deserve. Therefore, if my existence is a form of rebellion, then I’ll just be my own independent contractor, since they don’t wanna buy my word wholesale… but soon they will realize how much my words are worth once the ship has sailed. 

© 2023 NelliKong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on November 15, 2023
Last Updated on November 15, 2023

Author

NelliKong
NelliKong

About
Using writing as an outlet and see where it takes me. Open to comments more..

Writing