The World Itself is a Bad Dream

The World Itself is a Bad Dream

A Poem by NelliKong

 This world is like a bad dream that I can’t seem to wake up from… it’s like chewing the same piece of flavorless gum… I feel like Silver twist asking “please world can I have some more”, but they just leave me with a single crumb… the world likes to beat me down constantly like drum, but now I have grown to the rhythm and rock to the beat so on the third count I go numb.


This world is a nightmare… but this world simply doesn’t care… it will literally suck the air out of you just to create another heir that’s not you. The world wants you to be a square, but instead you’re a circle. You don’t have any right angles or perfect corners. You have curvature with no defining point. The world can’t measure your circumference, so therefore it could never come full circle. 


The world stays bad because it has the ability to shape shift. However, citizens such as myself never really fit the shape; I guess its either shape up or lose your shape completely and become linear. I never knew geometry was this hard, nothing like they taught us in school, but more more complicated and a greater scale. Bad dreams and math have so much in common, nothing ever adds up. 

© 2024 NelliKong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on January 5, 2024
Last Updated on January 5, 2024

Author

NelliKong
NelliKong

About
Using writing as an outlet and see where it takes me. Open to comments more..

Writing