Toward no dark energy?

Toward no dark energy?

A Story by neurostar burns

Ever since the event of 1997-8 popped into the realm of fact, what is dubbed 'dark energy' has been a challenge and conundrum in at least cosmology. A lot of hub bub has arisen about it. Over time, some scientists support the idea of its presence, others have striven to disprove it by various ways.
Currently, a team in Korea (Yonsei as well as Lyon U. and KASI) has been examining, over some years, one of the principle means by which dark energy is posited. Actually, they have been examining the luminosity levels of type Ia supernovae "candles" used to gauge distance and expansion rate of the universe, and also found at certain levels of luminosity, dark energy simply does not show up, as is detailed in their paper, i.e. dark energy's presence is based from an erroneous assumption on luminosity. The team is lead by Young-Wook Lee.
Adam Reiss questions their gauging process and claims it would make galaxies older than the known universe, among others items he has reviewed. The postulates and quandry that globular galaxies would be older than the age of the universe were entertained in the 1980's, which is now demystified. There is also the question that many processes, e.g. particle physics, in the universe will be ongoing for trillions of years, if the universe is closed then it will not have a long lifetime and these processes will not have time to complete.
Note: the material herein does not necessarily reflect the entropy of current societies. 

© 2020 neurostar burns


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on January 9, 2020
Last Updated on February 23, 2020

Author

neurostar burns
neurostar burns

Phoenix



About
Avid hot tea drinker, likes seafood and asian eateries and home cooked food including east asian, trail hikes, lecturing, being single, cosmology, sky watching, open natural vistas. more..

Writing