A full religion

A full religion

A Story by neurostar burns

This is a presentation of an ancient, full practice religion which is challenged in today's world but also presents a challenge to modern society in its inclusiveness.
Few religions display today a full quota for living. Most today are "religions" which are parsed and selective on the features they offer and often are modified by practitioners as time goes and bent to their purpose rather than greater comprehensiveness.
This presentation will focus on one system.
 It is ancient, probably before written recordings, back to 3-4000 BCE, may be even older. In present literature, they are called Jaina or Jains of India, although they presently have world-wide communities. Their practice is so complete that modern religions and followers cannot abide it and so it is currently on the brink of extinction on this world.
One will find humbleness and respect throughout toward existence and life levels. Meditation and thoughtful discourse in addition to practices may help deepen these realizations.
It practices ahimsa-no harm to living beings. Often that practice is seen by people who filter their food before they put in their mouth. It has one of the earliest terms for regarding the smallest particle, this is way before most sciences were born.  The ahmisa (non violence) is total. For a votary, nothing is to be disturbed, in the pure practice. Nothing. One does not even move particles or dust for they are to take their course naturally. This aids understanding overall nature with little if a prior assumptions or concepts. Will also increase the capacity for acceptance by unparsed appreciation.
They have no central figure to worship. They may follow and honor people who are considered advanced (arahat; who have crossed over). Much of their livelihood is observing nature and respecting nature in practice. Simple life; nonpossessiveness (aparigraha; 'to let go of'). Deep understanding of nature is the way by way of contemplation, analysis or meditation methods.
They have a system where everything is regarded from many aspects and not one final resolution, because there will be found many facets to any nature but are understood in a nonexclusionary relationship.
 ! (For more on their actual lifestyle online search :the life of Jains, or daily life of Jains will be illuminating.)

© 2023 neurostar burns


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on May 5, 2023
Last Updated on October 10, 2023
Tags: Respectful, humble

Author

neurostar burns
neurostar burns

Phoenix



About
Avid hot tea drinker, likes seafood and asian eateries and home cooked food including east asian, trail hikes, lecturing, being single, cosmology, sky watching, open natural vistas. more..

Writing