Closed? Really?

Closed? Really?

A Story by neurostar burns

In science literature, there are entries entertaining a "closed universe", perhaps in contrast to a flat morphology or open.  The question of morphology of the cosmos has been around for over a century (it did not start in Einstein's literature) and certainly by now with numerous studies conducted, some resolution to this must be applicable or approaching.

Let's step back and take a rational look at this proposal and perhaps some salient points.

1) Is the present cosmos exhibiting a closed, imploding tendency? Most reports say currently the tendency traced is for flat with possible negative curvature which is pushing to material further apart and expanding the volume. Not the converse.

If it is said that the cosmos started miniscule and concentrated, then how to explain
it is the size today, unconcentrated and accelerating toward open or flat?

2) Is the energy and density exhibiting evidence of reversing? Reports since the turn of the century enumerate continued dissipation of density of bodies which is recorded by observations and satellite observatories. The universe on the whole appears to be opening up, not shutting down with volume and bodies unless there is something "esoteric" that has not been elucidated or observed.
3)  "For what other reason would there be ongoing acceleration of the cosmos
     but for an open mode?"
...................................

A critical study on this subject is recently published, "Is the expansion of the universe accelerating?" by David Rubin and J. Heitlauf, submitted to ApJL can also be read at arxiv.org: 1912.02191.
The material herein is not necessarily a reflection of the entropy of current societies

© 2023 neurostar burns


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on May 7, 2023
Last Updated on September 17, 2023

Author

neurostar burns
neurostar burns

Phoenix



About
Avid hot tea drinker, likes seafood and asian eateries and home cooked food including east asian, trail hikes, lecturing, being single, cosmology, sky watching, open natural vistas. more..

Writing