This universe will evaporate !

This universe will evaporate !

A Story by neurostar burns

A team of scientists of Radboud University has revisited Stephen Hawking's theory on evaporation of black holes. Hawking set conditions where in the far future the radiation will eventually radiate away black holes. Hawking spoke of this occurrence through event horizons of black holes.  


The Radboud team reconsidered that. Through their work and calculations they found radiation need not be confined to black holes. They worked with history background of the spontaneous activity of virtual particles and some that won't go to annihilation (particle-antiparticle, Heisenberg cloud). They say gravity and spacetime curvature also cause radiation, hence the event horizons are not found necessary. "In curved spacetimes, these clouds are not necessarily identical, as particle trajectories pass through different portions of spacetime, which suppresses the particles' coherence, impacts their annihilation probability and leads to the appearance of real pairs."


Evaporation can occur with large objects outside of black holes.  Far outside. Thus any thing can evaporate.  "Virtual particles are separated by local tidal forces and become real." Tidal forces separate the particles.


If the 'big crunch' or something else catastrophic in the universe doesn't occur, then implied it will in the far future, billions of years, face radiated evaporation much like the black holes. A new ending scenario for this cosmos.



an article on this topic is released June 2, 2023 by Radboud University Nijmegen, Netherlands.
Released to Physical Review Letters. now in print vol. 130. Can be found arxiv.org: 2305.18521, also comes with appendix.

© 2023 neurostar burns


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on June 4, 2023
Last Updated on June 10, 2023

Author

neurostar burns
neurostar burns

Phoenix



About
Avid hot tea drinker, likes seafood and asian eateries and home cooked food including east asian, trail hikes, lecturing, being single, cosmology, sky watching, open natural vistas. more..

Writing