JWST and El Gordo cluster

JWST and El Gordo cluster

A Story by neurostar burns

The Webb space telescope has done a wonderful job, so far, to find formerly difficult or obscure space objects.
Recently by early Aug. 2023, details had come in on infrared shots of the galactic cluster known as El Gordo which has in recent years been discovered. El Gordo is quite a large collection of galaxies but mostly distant and shrouded in dust and so was hard to discern. A workup team headed by Elena Ascenio elaborates on potentials to cosmology.
The new  photos by JWST have torn into those obstacles. The infrared capacity has removed most of the dust obscuration and allowed more keen view of distant objects, not only for here but for many other sites. In this viewing of the cluster, they are discerning in the photos even more distant galaxies and details, possibly 17. One of the galactic objects appears only like a streak. These are believed to be "gravitational arcs".
The galaxies range in probable range, 6-12 billion years old in the universe, although one may have formed one billion years into the early cosmos. The objects are lensed off of El Gordo. Some in the vicinity come back blue colored.
There are currently several, separate authors' papers so far produced regarding the El Gordo developments.
.............................................................................
In Sept. 2023, A new paper by Elena Ascenio, Banik and Kroupa address the challenge to postulates of General Relativity via more analysis of El Gordo and the Bullet galaxies. Concentrating more on the role of density.

© 2023 neurostar burns


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on August 3, 2023
Last Updated on September 16, 2023

Author

neurostar burns
neurostar burns

Phoenix



About
Avid hot tea drinker, likes seafood and asian eateries and home cooked food including east asian, trail hikes, lecturing, being single, cosmology, sky watching, open natural vistas. more..

Writing