Humans arose in Europe?

Humans arose in Europe?

A Story by neurostar burns

Once again, clues are found that humans might not have arisen soley from the african continent. Indicators by a team say some findings are from the east Mediterranean vicinities of apes that could be precursors of humans.  The claim is based on branching that may be closer to the human tree, "Mediterranean fossil apes are diverse and are part of the first known radiation of early homininees-the group that includes African apes (chimpanzees, bonobos, and gorillas), humans and their fossil ancestors." 
This is now reflecting on the recently identified ape, Anadoluvius turkae, around asia minor. Said to be recovered near Cankin of the Corakyerier fossil locality near the site in Turkiye. The site is said to be 8.7 million years old. It may indicate that homos were there first before migrating to the african continent in the late Miocene. Similar findings are said to be in Bulgaria and Greece. The report details, 'The members of this radiation to which Anadoluvius belongs to are currently only identified in Europe and Anatolia.'
The team is lead by professors David Begun of Toronto, Canada and Ayla Sevim Eroi of Ankara University.
A well preserved cranium from 2015 is a leading clue. "Our findings further suggest that homininees not only evolved in western and central Europe but spent over five million years evolving there and spreading to the eastern Mediterrean before eventually dispersing into Africa, probably as a consequence of changing environments and diminishing forests." It well may have forged in open grasslands in Europe and may have continued that habit in Africa, Begun indicated.
"The study's detailed analysis also reveals that the Balkan and Anatolian apes evolved from ancestors in western and central Europe. With this more comprehensive data, the research provides evidence that these other apes were also homininees and means that it is more likely that the whole group evolved  and diversified in Europe, rather, then the alternative scenario in which separate branches of apes moved independently into Europe from Africa over the course of several million years, and then went extinct without issue."
The well preserved brain case for a fossil was a great aid toward assessment.
The release may be found in "Communications Biology", and one at August 23, 2023.
The material herein is not necessarily a reflection of the entropy of current societies

© 2023 neurostar burns


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on August 23, 2023
Last Updated on September 17, 2023

Author

neurostar burns
neurostar burns

Phoenix



About
Avid hot tea drinker, likes seafood and asian eateries and home cooked food including east asian, trail hikes, lecturing, being single, cosmology, sky watching, open natural vistas. more..

Writing