The Cosmos new clothes

The Cosmos new clothes

A Story by neurostar burns

Charles Lineweaver with Vihan  M. Patel of Australian National University have released October 18th a new arrangement of the Cosmos. The ANU article is titled,  "A new view of all objects in the universe". Their paper is: "All objects and some questions". The paper is published in "American Journal of Physics"
The paper purports to realign features for a more comprehensive view of the objects that compose the universe. The paper tries a new approach in which perceiving the universe is treated in two parts.
The authors postulate that a more comprehensive understanding of the Cosmos will be achieved by graphing its thermal history. This is the topic of the first part.
Graphed are the temperature and density and those developments as the Cosmos started with plasma certain constraint and as the Cosmos thereafter cooled and condensed which allowed for bodies to form. A lot of room for quantum mechanics to play an overall role is worked in and graphed. There are physics boundaries which are to be dealt with in the scenario. The scaling is fairly open. Therein, for one part of the graph, Black Holes represent the densest objects possible, which induces one of the 'forbidden' boundaries' which further development of any single, distinct object cannot be calculated.
Planck time is the early or smallest limit. They label anything smaller as 'sub-Planckian unknown'.  Too small to be distinguishable. "Gravity cannot compress the sizes of the electrons to be less than their Compton Wavelengths." "The Compton wavelength marks the boundary where relativistic quantum effects become insignificant."
They use an order of successive development in the history of densities of objects-1)false vacuum energy of inflation, 2)radiation, 3)matter, and today has vacuum energy or dark energy.
The paper admits there could be a caveat with such a development especially at the large end. It cannot vouch for the circumstance of what may lie outside of the universe's borders (it has been written years earlier that there is no determined boundary or center to the universe). This situation they infer could, due to lack of complete constraint findings, have the zero  point density voidness of Minkowski.
The paper later postulates that the instanton is to be the smallest object in the universe. It has dimension. They prefer this over the ambiguity of singularities.

© 2023 neurostar burns


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on October 19, 2023
Last Updated on November 13, 2023

Author

neurostar burns
neurostar burns

Phoenix



About
Avid hot tea drinker, likes seafood and asian eateries and home cooked food including east asian, trail hikes, lecturing, being single, cosmology, sky watching, open natural vistas. more..

Writing