Amygdala

Amygdala

A Poem by Mk.t.g
"

"There is no illusion, greater than fear"

"
Save me, my amygdala
Come and help me
I can no loner entrust myself
to any other out there
Make my memories go away
I don't want to reminisce them

© 2023 Mk.t.g


Author's Note

Mk.t.g
I don't know what I wrote here, but I just wanted to write about a song that inspired me. If any of you is interested, I listened to a song called 'Amygdala' by a South Korean boy group (BTS) member Suga (his solo album). It has many themes related to this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very poignant lines of powerful words. Everyone has some memory or other, which they would prefer to never remember or relive again ... Thanks for sharing!

Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

Posted 4 Months Ago


Interesting line's of the song I must here that song . Not heard in the past.thanks for sharing.

Posted 6 Months Ago


Mk.t.g

6 Months Ago

Thanks for reading!
Short but deep.
Wish our brain had this button that could just delete the unwanted memories whenever we want. I'd like to have one for sure. Delete-New day-Fresh mind.


Posted 9 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes, there are times when we beg not to remember. If only the memory bank could be wiped clean of painful. Your brevity carries much strength here. Nice little piece.

Chris

Posted 9 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think your poem is a poignant and powerful expression of the pain and suffering that can come from traumatic memories. You use simple and direct language to convey the sense of being overwhelmed by memories that are too painful to bear, and the desperate desire to escape from them.

Your poem seems to suggest that the amygdala - the part of the brain responsible for processing emotions - is both a source of comfort and a source of pain, capable of both protecting us from danger and triggering painful memories. It's a reminder that the mind is a complex and mysterious place, and that the line between safety and danger can be a thin one.

Posted 9 Months Ago


Mk.t.g

9 Months Ago

Thanks for reading and leaving out a review!
Mk.t.g
cool poem. fear is a thief, unpleasant memories the worst masked bandit. for some reason made me think of 'in a gadda da vida' by iron butterfly ... :)

Posted 11 Months Ago


I understand the poetry. We need someone to erase our memory and replace with better ones. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 12 Months Ago


Mk.t.g

12 Months Ago

Thanks for reading, Coyote!
Coyote Poetry

12 Months Ago

You are welcome my friend.
Fight or flight resides in the amygdala, and there are indeed times when it can save you. On the other hand, it can also give you high blood pressure.

Posted 12 Months Ago


Mk.t.g

12 Months Ago

Thanks for reading!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 29, 2023
Last Updated on April 29, 2023

Author

Mk.t.g
Mk.t.g

About
"Just when you think you've hit rock bottom, you realize you're standing on another trapdoor." more..

Writing
Holding Onto Holding Onto

A Poem by Mk.t.g


Dark Hours Dark Hours

A Poem by Mk.t.g



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..